Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with DOFD

tag
BeakerLV
New Visitor

Help with DOFD

So I have 4 accounts from commenity bank

the last payment for the accounts was back in February 2017.  I didn't make any other payments after that. Those accounts didn't get charged off and sold to Portfolio Recovery till September of 2018. Would my date of first deliquency be march 2017? I tried getting the accounts removed from my reports since it's been 7 years but the CRAs say that everything is reporting correctly. Portfolio recovery says that the 7 years starts from when they got the account in September 2018. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Help with DOFD

The DOFD would be the first late payment in the string of lates that led to the CO. Doesn't matter when they got the collection.

Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@BeakerLV wrote:

the last payment for the accounts was back in February 2017.  I didn't make any other payments after that. Those accounts didn't get charged off and sold to Portfolio Recovery till September of 2018. Would my date of first deliquency be march 2017? I tried getting the accounts removed from my reports since it's been 7 years but the CRAs say that everything is reporting correctly. Portfolio recovery says that the 7 years starts from when they got the account in September 2018. 

You are right that the date of first default would have been when the first late showed up, which is presumably March 2017. So since the bureaus and Portfolio Recovery are both wrong, I would file a complaint with the CFPB.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 3 of 5
bluenote-lp
Valued Member

The last date would be March 2017,therefore  they are in violation of the law, Portfolio is a AWFUL company that loves to ruin peoples credit,looks like they have not learned their lession from a previos lawsuit where they had to pay up for doing the same violations and more.Do not let them get away with this.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/about-us/newsroom/cfpb-orders-portfolio-recovery-associates-to-pay-m...

Message 4 of 5
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@BeakerLV wrote:

@BeakerLV wrote:

@BeakerLV Going with Portfolios way of thinking if they just got the account last month the 7 years would have started March of 2024 (laughable). The DOFD is the date when the negative began for that account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.