Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied credit card from Pentagon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied credit card from Pentagon

I'm new to this forum so there will be very few abbreviations.  I called Pentagon FCU the other day to check on my auto loan, and they tried to sell me a credit card 1% cash back on some purchases(I forget which, and 5% back on gas purchases at the pump). So I said okay, gave them the information, and was denied the card.

They sent me a letter saying it was because of information provided by equifax. "delinquent past or present obligations with creditors"  Well, I just checked equifax and everything is "pays as agreed", there are no problems that I can see.  When I last checked my credit score in August of 05 it was around 780. 

Recently I have added more credit cards, so I'm thinking maybe that's it but that's not what the letter says. 

Thanks for any ideas.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Cory
Established Contributor

Re: Denied credit card from Pentagon

I'm sorry to post it here but, I get the same problem when I apply for loans. Lender usually send me a letter saying there is derogatory information reported.

Now I know I have collections but why are they putting derogatory remarks on my report? It makes me sound like I'm a criminal.

Cory
Message 2 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

If you have a copy of a very recent report fax it for reconsideration. Do not give up. Call and explain the situation the CSR should be able to give you all the info you need.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were there any lates on the current accounts? Any missed payments. Any Current Collections? Any Judgements?

Rob
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

there is nothing negative on the report.  I will call equifax and see if they can tell me anything. I will update when I learn something.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

all right this is really frustrating.  When I logged onto equifax earlier, I saved my credit file for 30 days.  Now I am looking for a phone number to call equifax to get a live person to tell me where the negative information is on my report.  The website says to login to your file and look for the phone number at the top of the file.  I don't see any telephone number at the top of the file.  Does anybody know this phone number?

Thanks
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is the dispute line 866-238-8067. Of course I was on hold for 2 hours yesterday.
Message 7 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Do you have access to a report from today or tomorrow? I wouldn't call Equifax if I had the report. Call Penfed if you have the report and fax it in for reconsideration. If there are truly no negs on the report get hold of one and fax it to Penfed. No need to get a CRA involved in your biz here.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

okay, I've got the scoop.  The equifax guy told me to look at the details.  You can tell I haven't looked at an online credit report before.  I found the late.  It is one late, 90 days.  It's from the car I wrecked in September.  I had GAP coverage, and the process to fill out the paperwork is extremely long.  Several times I talked to a WFS person and asked if they were going to report it late and they always said no.  Guess they weren't quite truthful huh?  It shows late December through February, and then paid and closed in February.  I called Wachovia(Wachovia bought WFS, or it's the same thing, whatever), and they basically said sorry, tough.  So I guess I get the joy of disputing the info. or maybe not.  I'm glad I found this forum so maybe you guys can offer advice. 

Thanks
Message 9 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

There ya go Bud.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.