cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you dispute after you pay with a CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you dispute after you pay with a CA?

Can you pay something on your credit report and then if they do not delete can you dispute? I just wondered if this was something you could do? I am looking ahead in case some of my creditors or CA will not do a PFD. I need these things off my report especially since we are looking to purchase a home. If I do have to pay can I then dispute if it is still reporting? Or do I have to just deal with it reporting?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Can you dispute after you pay with a CA?

If the information or reporting is incorrect, you can dispute, however, if it legal the only option you have left after it is paid is sending a GW letter.
Message 2 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

PFDs should ALWAYS be in writing for this exact reason. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

smooshiesmom wrote:
Can you pay something on your credit report and then if they do not delete can you dispute? I just wondered if this was something you could do? I am looking ahead in case some of my creditors or CA will not do a PFD. I need these things off my report especially since we are looking to purchase a home. If I do have to pay can I then dispute if it is still reporting? Or do I have to just deal with it reporting?

Do NOT let a mortgage broker or lender pull your CRs. That could tip off the CA that you're house hunting, and then they won't budge demanding full payment with no deletion.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.