cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your unicorn no AF credit union card? (no AOD or other discontinued/grandfathered cards)

tag
Wu-Credit
Contributor

What is your unicorn no AF credit union card? (no AOD or other discontinued/grandfathered cards)

It can be for any reason! Rewards. Low rate. Length of history. Special attachment to your credit union. Etc.

Mine used to be the Affinity Cash Rewards before they nerfed the 5% stackable quarterly categories (decided to close it). Now, it's the Addition Financial Premier Rewards (geofenced CU in FL); 5% quarterly rotating (Back to school category is OP!), 3% travel, no FTF, cell protection.

What's yours? Please share!

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: What is your unicorn no AF credit union card? (no AOD or other discontinued/grandfathered cards)

@Wu-Credit wrote:

It can be for any reason! Rewards. Low rate. Length of history. Special attachment to your credit union. Etc.

Mine used to be the Affinity Cash Rewards before they nerfed the 5% stackable quarterly categories (decided to close it). Now, it's the Addition Financial Premier Rewards (geofenced CU in FL); 5% quarterly rotating (Back to school category is OP!), 3% travel, no FTF, cell protection.

What's yours? Please share!

My favorite cards are Interior FCU non-rewards Platinum, Members 1st (Enola PA) FCU low-rate Platinum, and Chartway FCU Rewards Points.  The first two are good for no-fee balance transfer offers, the third for no-fee cash advances.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 2 of 23
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Re: What is your unicorn no AF credit union card? (no AOD or other discontinued/grandfathered cards)

Thanks for the inputs. I haven't found a cu card I really want, but I'm looking.

Message 3 of 23
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

I already have the TDECU Platnum with 5% discount on gas at buccees. But once I can get my scores in the 800+, I'll go for the TDECU Onyx version.

The Onyx is:

2% cb on everything with no caps

5% discount on gas at buccees at the pump + 2% cb on purchase (stacked) = 7% savings on gas (no caps)

No FTF

No AF

6mo 0% bt promo

6mo 0% purchases promo

9.5% apy after promo

Excellent credit required to apply 

Reference: https://www.tdecu.org/loans-and-credit-cards/credit-cards/onyx-mastercard/

Message 4 of 23
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

My favorite cards are Interior FCU non-rewards Platinum, Members 1st (Enola PA) FCU low-rate Platinum, and Chartway FCU Rewards Points.  The first two are good for no-fee balance transfer offers, the third for no-fee cash advances.

You bring up a good point about no balance transfer fee or cash advance fees! I never use them, but the Addition Premier Rewards has those too!

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 5 of 23
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@Drifter73 wrote:

I already have the TDECU Platnum with 5% discount on gas at buccees. But once I can get my scores in the 800+, I'll go for the TDECU Onyx version.

The Onyx is:

2% cb on everything with no caps

5% discount on gas at buccees at the pump + 2% cb on purchase (stacked) = 7% savings on gas (no caps)

No FTF

No AF

6mo 0% bt promo

6mo 0% purchases promo

9.5% apy after promo

Excellent credit required to apply 

Reference: https://www.tdecu.org/loans-and-credit-cards/credit-cards/onyx-mastercard/

That card has to feel like achieving max master level credit card skill on a RPG character! haha

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 6 of 23
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

To be completely honest, I would have nothing to do with CUs if it were not for better or different cards than banks.  My only CU experiences are AOD (which I know you said not to mention, sorry) and nusenda.  AOD needs no explanation and nusenda offers 5% rotating which often staggers from  freedom and Disco Cash Back.  Otherwise, give me a big name, chain bank any day of the week.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 7 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

To be completely honest, I would have nothing to do with CUs if it were not for better or different cards than banks.  My only CU experiences are AOD (which I know you said not to mention, sorry) and nusenda.  AOD needs no explanation and nusenda offers 5% rotating which often staggers from  freedom and Disco Cash Back.  Otherwise, give me a big name, chain bank any day of the week.  

Yes, but I guess the point of the thread is to expose interesting deals from perhaps little known CUs, of which there are (technical term) "a lot"

Most people here know of the offerings from the big banks, but at the time AOD/US Alliance were little-known gems!

Message 8 of 23
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Thanks for the inputs. I haven't found a cu card I really want, but I'm looking.

Hope this thread helps you find one!

@ptatohed wrote:

I think everyone should have at least one CU membership and card. They treat their members so much better than big banks. If I didn't have Platinum (not Honors) at BofA I'd have kept the Affinity and possibly added a few more CU cards like Nusenda and Langley. 

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

Yes, but I guess the point of the thread is to expose interesting deals from perhaps little known CUs, of which there are (technical term) "a lot"

Most people here know of the offerings from the big banks, but at the time AOD/US Alliance were little-known gems!

Very true! I hope you all continue to share because I love finding CU gems! It's like playing an RPG game to me lol.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 9 of 23
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

I love to see someone who knows 'alot' is actually two words!  Smiley Wink

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.