cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Amex Marriott Brilliant

tag
health1

Question about Amex Marriott Brilliant

Hello - I had this card but dropped it when they raised their A/F and went coupon-book. I have the business card and the Ritz card and so this combo puts me at 30 nights right off the bat. I have one more year and about 80 or so nights for lifetime Platinum. I have those two Marriott-related cards from Chase and none from Amex as of now. 

So, I need somehow to stay 20 nights before the end of 2024. I don't have much travel planned and couldn't take advantage of the double elite night credits promo ending in a few days.  

I will most certainly get the pop-up should I apply with Amex but it's not the SUB I'm after; it's the additional 10 nights. I'm willing to pay the A/F just for those. Will they get tacked on is my question. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
30mm_goes_BRRRT
Valued Member

Re: Question about Amex Marriott Brilliant

I would assume so? Asking AMEX's customer service or even Marriot's would potentially be better sources to ask.

Message 2 of 7
swankytiger
Regular Contributor

they should, it might take until after the AF posts and is paid before they show up. 

Main Card Setup

Sock Drawer

Chopping Block
Message 3 of 7
Carrington59
Established Member

Couple things to note. AMEX states that the Ritz disqualifies you from Brilliant, so you will need to downgrade the Ritz to get the Brilliant. Also, just to clarify, this would bump you from 30 ENCs on the year (from CCs) up to 40, not to 55. You will still need to find a way to fit in the remaining 10 nights needed.

Gardening Since: 07/2023 (0/6, 2/12, 11/24)

Current Cards:

Potential Future Cards:

Message 4 of 7
swankytiger
Regular Contributor

I always forget about the stupidity that is the Marriott Credit Card flow chart for what you can hold.

Main Card Setup

Sock Drawer

Chopping Block
Message 5 of 7
Carrington59
Established Member

Yep. You are allowed to hold both of them, but you cannot hold Ritz while applying for Brilliant. Would have to downgrade Ritz, apply for Brilliant, then can upgrade to Ritz again. Just make you jump through hoops.

Gardening Since: 07/2023 (0/6, 2/12, 11/24)

Current Cards:

Potential Future Cards:

Message 6 of 7
health1

I used the chat function with a real agent who told me that the answer is NO, the 10 night will not be awarded. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.