cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy federal CLI & internal score

tag
Puglife2017

Navy federal CLI & internal score

I have been a navy fed member since 2017 when my credot was in the 550s range Lots of collections. Charged off loans, cards and two repos from 2016-2019. i got my first mortgage in April of 2023 my scores have risen up to 660-690 ficos 8s currently.

I have had a $200 secured credit card with navy fed since November of 2020 and a paid off secured loan from 2020. I have 1 remianing collections on each of my reports and both my repos are scheduled to fall off by july 2024. I habent had a missed payment since 2020.

I did a pre qualification for navy fed on march 5th was pre qualified for cashrewards was approved for $8300 SL. Very happy. Did a balance transfer from two capital one cards and 3 store credit cards totaling $4600.00 for the promotional 1.99% intrest rate. Leaving me with 0% utilization on all cards except this new navy fed card.

I have a very predatory 29% pre-computed intrest loan thru onemain financial orginally borrowing $10,200 for unexpected expense and moving out of state costs in August 2022 and still owe $12,500 with a $8,900 pay off as of today.

My goal is to pay off this new navy fed card within the next 6 months and request a CLI to do a balance transfer on the loan to take advantage of the payoff and 1.99% intrest

What can i do to increase my internal score with navy fed to make sure i can get a CLI increase in the next 3-6 months and why hasnt my $200 secured card graduated when i have been approved for a unsecured card?

1 REPLY 1
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy federal CLI & internal score

I would make payments every 2 weeks of at least $250 each.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.