Dow CU Low Rate Visa Nerfed :(

tag
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dow CU Low Rate Visa Nerfed :(

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@GhostCredit wrote:

This is the lowest I've seen... https://www.peachstatefcu.org/credit-card

That is sweet. But very limited field of membership.

I wonder if their list is 100% employers or if, as they phrased it, some of them are "groups" or "associations" that you can just join easy peasy online, I.E. AOD and that one bicycle club thing lol.

Message 21 of 25
archliberal
Established Member

anybody still at 6.9?    i keep expecting a change when the statement closes and nothing yet.

Message 22 of 25
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Anyone else notice this in the peachstate fine print?

"A $15 application fee is charged for processing. Subject to credit approval."

I don't recall any other card charging an up front fee.

Message 23 of 25
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

@archliberal wrote:

anybody still at 6.9?    i keep expecting a change when the statement closes and nothing yet.

I am! Vague data point: a few days after the date when everyone was supposed to experience the interest rate increase, my account still showed 6.9%. I called and they said I should have received a letter in the mail regarding the increase (I didn't) and confirmed again that every purchase from then on would not be at 6.9%. The next day I got a call from the same representative. She stated she spoke with someone and confirmed that since I didn't have the card for "long" (I was approved for it in February 2023), I would keep my 6.9% until an undetermined time in 2025. So far, I still show 6.9%. Maybe that's what happened for a few of us?

Fun fact: when I applied, I had an intro offer for 0% interest for 12 months (balance transfer). I assumed that would end in February 2024, but, according to my last statement cut 5 days ago, I haven't paid any interest on the balance I am carrying. Who knows, lol.

P.S. I really REALLY hope they don't charge for loan applications now. Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 25
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@Rockysocks wrote:

@archliberal wrote:

I am! Vague data point: a few days after the date when everyone was supposed to experience the interest rate increase, my account still showed 6.9%. I called and they said I should have received a letter in the mail regarding the increase (I didn't) and confirmed again that every purchase from then on would not be at 6.9%. The next day I got a call from the same representative. She stated she spoke with someone and confirmed that since I didn't have the card for "long" (I was approved for it in February 2023), I would keep my 6.9% until an undetermined time in 2025. So far, I still show 6.9%. Maybe that's what happened for a few of us?

Fun fact: when I applied, I had an intro offer for 0% interest for 12 months (balance transfer). I assumed that would end in February 2024, but, according to my last statement cut 5 days ago, I haven't paid any interest on the balance I am carrying. Who knows, lol.

P.S. I really REALLY hope they don't charge for loan applications now. Smiley Sad

Interesting. One the one hand, it's troubling that they seem a bit confused about their own policies and procedures. On the other hand, all the discrepancies are in your favor. 

Reminds me of a story I have always been reluctant to tell, but it seems OK now. When I joined Dow CU in 2020 (then known as Dow Chemical Employees CU) and applied for the Low Rate Visa, my card app got delayed because my reports were frozen. Someone from the CU called to notify me of the issue and asked me to lift the freeze on a specified bureau (I forget which one).  They had already done a soft pull. I lifted the freeze, as requested. But they never did a hard pull! I got the card with no inquiry. Seems like that should be impossible, but it happened. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.