Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover being bipolar again

tag
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

Discover being bipolar again

Applied for the DiscoverIt card leaving TU unfrozen, declined and receive letter credit bureau frozen. Rinse and repeat for EQ and Exp with same results. Called CS and asked which bureau do they want because this dance is getting old. Her reply, we can pull any of the three. Do they double pull? Because if they do I'll forget about them now.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover being bipolar again

As a rule of thumb, before applying for any credit card, unlock all three credit bureau reports. Practically, they can pull from any bureau that they want to (it is possible to guess which credit reports they may pull, based on the prior DPs in your location).

I asked this question specifically from Chase and US Bank, prior some application submissions in branch, and they said whatever I told you above.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Most lenders will pull whom they choose or possibly double or triple pull which discover isn't really known for.  Their sandbox and they make rules you can't tell a lender to pull a certain CRA.

Message 3 of 7
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

I used this data,

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/The-quot-Which-Banks-Pull-Which-Report-For-Ap...

Said us b pulled tu for oh, I scheduled a 2 day thaw on tu, instant approval. Got a note from ck, they pulled tu.

Message 4 of 7
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

When I applied with Discover, I had an EX pull only for the card, but I don't know if that's the norm.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 5 of 7
MudkipsRKooL
Regular Contributor

yea u assumed they pull TU, but actually if you do a bit of research it varies from state to state. Forgot which website but u can kinda of crowd check what they usually pull the most in your state with a certain website.

Current score: 778ex | 774tu | 777eq
INQ status: 1/24, 1/12

Currrent Cards:

Future:
Message 6 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MudkipsRKooL wrote:

Forgot which website but u can kinda of crowd check what they usually pull the most in your state with a certain website.

It's right here.   @FicoMike0  shared the link 2 posts above yours.  Part 2 of that thread is at:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Which-Report-Will-They-Pull-Part-2/m-p/637977...

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.