Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC CLOSING DATE

tag
Tiersha
Regular Contributor

CC CLOSING DATE

It's best to make your payment before the closing date so the cc reports a lower amt.

It's best to show activity.

It's best to use azeo.

These are what I'm being taught.

But what if you only keep a $25 balance on one card and you make a pymt before closing.  That same $25 is reported ea month. (Assuming you spend $25 also) Does this actually show as activity?

With a balance this low does it really make a diff when it's pd as long as it's not late?

50k line and utilizing $25 lol

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: CC CLOSING DATE

As I just posted on another thread. Nothing wrong with AZE0 but I think it's more hassle than it's worth. I let several (not all because that would incur another penalty) of my cards report balances, not the same ones every month either (shows usage of different cards), and have seen steady gains.

Every now and again I've let a 10% usage on one card report, then let it show a significant pay-down to 1% or less report on the same card the following month. Then report to zero after that. You're in the garden... try different things, for science.

Utilization has no memory either so... 

Message 2 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Tiersha wrote:

It's best to make your payment before the closing date so the cc reports a lower amt.

It's best to use azeo.

These are what I'm being taught.

But what if you only keep a $25 balance on one card and you make a pymt before closing.  That same $25 is reported ea month. (Assuming you spend $25 also) Does this actually show as activity?

With a balance this low does it really make a diff when it's pd as long as it's not late?

All of the above are means to various ends.  What goal(s) are you trying to achieve ?  If higher FICO scores, for future approvals / credit seeking then yes AZEO is probably the best approach. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 4
Kforce
Valued Contributor

@Tiersha wrote:

If you are trying to lower utilization.  Practice (AZEO or AZE2  --- Yes)

If wanting to take advantage of the float  (No)

If not wanting interrupted use of card (No  (Exceptions  * 1, 2)

The issuer of the card see's activity no mater when you pay.

It's best to use azeo.

If wanting to show you best scores (YES)

AZEO and AZE2 are a good way to look you best.

Yes

Depends how you want it to report.

If you pay it early it becomes one of the Zero cards for reporting and

if you let it report then pay it is the exception card for the AZEO game

AZEO works, but it takes time, loss of float interest and for many loss of rewards.

You pay for the makeup to look your best.

Only old 830+ Fico's and Zero inquiries get to not buy makeup

Azeo is best for those with less than ideal scores, needing a new card or loan

Best to spend time and money loss only when/if needing to look extra good

True AZEO requires knowing and managing your card set & with both primary cards and AU cards.

Exception *1

You can bypass rewards loss, and continue card use and still practice AZEO,

by pushing card payments from a bill-pay service.

This provides much less financial loss if wanting to practice AZEO for longer

time periods. (Rewards loss is usually larger than a few days extra float loss).

Best for control and small card sets

Exception *2

You have duplicate rewards on another card that you switch out every month. (Closing dates far apart)

Best for those with lots of cards and wanting to put use on all cards.

A little less loss from float than pushing payment however more of you time rotating, managing and paying cards.

AZEO cost you time & money

This needs to be compared to what the score gain is.

For some profiles it is a waste of time and others worthwhile.

Best when you need to look good, then don't bother until next loan

Fun to play with, see how it works, and be ready for

when you need it.    Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.