Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to scratch that CLI request itch -Capital One QuickSilver

tag
Linnaea
Frequent Contributor

Had to scratch that CLI request itch -Capital One QuickSilver

Capital One QuickSilver CLI - Not Big Not too Small ... (NOT $100) respectable and not insulting.  

I'm going to give some data points. 

Once upon a time there was covid...  actually just before Covid things were getting tight... doable but tight.  Then you just give up.  I went with debt relief (don't think I'd do again).  I was told not to pay.  This racked up my cards way more.  I was told lots of fairy tales.   Almost all cards were in some  payment arrangement. Except Discover and the one baddie I have left.   I took their loan plan to pay off the rest again not including the baddie last March.  I got a loan with my bf in April for my new car after seizing the day selling the my car to carvana for a profit.   I used the profit for down payment for the new car.  But when I saw my credit score in the mid upper 500's.  I knew I had to start looking at my credit again ... I did have chargeoff with Capital One but they were negotiated and paid off early in my debt program.  

June 2023 I did preapproval with Capital One.  Was approved for a Platinum with $500 limit.

September 2023 I was offered product change to QuickSilver with same $500 limit. (My scores in the bottom 600's)

October 2023 I requested credit limit increase. I received a $300 increase making line a $800 credit line.  (Scores still on lower 600's)

November 2023 I got preapproval for SavorOne (not one with Subs but no annual fee) I was approved for $500. 

April 2024 (couple days ago) note March I had asked for increase but got the response too soon or what not.   Couple a days ago said my line increased by $100 (whoopy doo but I'm still happy in my heart) so my SavorOne is at $600.

April 2024 (Today) Let me give a little prequal ... my QuickSilver (no subs and no AF) due date was the 9th I had No Amt due because I pay in full every month.   But I had a balance of $567 of of my $800 balance.   Also important to note that last month approved for my 2nd NFCU Amex More Rewards for $8400. My 1st Card had unsecured months earlier to Cash Rewards $2000.  My Cap1 QS due date again the 9th. I paid entire balance on the 11th.  Statement won't be out until tomorrow or Tuesday.  

So, since Cap 1 has no rhyme or reason I said I'm not waiting after statement to request credit line increase.   I'm expecting a NO or expecting the lonely $100 increase.   My Fico8 scores are 670 plus and minus.  I make apx 65k and don't claim anyone else in household as income.   That baddie is still out there not paid. My chargeoffs are still on report but showing paid in full or as agreed.   1 late vehicle payment during covid i paid on time but for some reason it didn't go n through the computer and I didn't know until too late.  I have like 10 inquiries.   I have a Care Credit at 2k. AMission Lane at $600 and a Ally cash back card at $400 (sad I know... neither have annual fee... the Mission Lane has no spiffs at least the Ally does) I have a Kohls that increased from $300 to $700 couple months ago and VS store card with mere $200  (they did bait and switch approval). Now for the gentle drum roll! 

Anyway, I was currently at $800 with QS1. I asked for 2k. They offered $1300. I ACCEPTED ❤️  the $500 increase on top of my $800 QS card.   So in less than a year $500 platinum to product changed to QS $1300 line.   So maybe not huge like NFCU.  I'm going to stay the course.   I haven't paid 1 cent to interest on either CP1 card. In this economy I'm tickled they gave me another chance and I'm moving forward and up.  I'm not sure what bucket I'm in... but it's okay.   It's respectable considering my rebuild is a WIP! 

I thank God for all of you and this forum.  Thank you Thank you.   

I had to scratch that cli request itch! Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and hit submit.  

I hope I provided useful data points.   I know Capital One is a bit of a quagmire

16 REPLIES 16
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: Had to scratch that CLI itch request-Capital One QuickSilver

Congratulations on your credit back journey! Great story!!

Message 2 of 17
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats and thanks for sharing your story. Keep grinding.

Message 3 of 17
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on the cli

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ CAPITAL ONE SAVORONE $3000 SL

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 4 of 17
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nicely done, congratulations! Keep up the good work.

Message 5 of 17
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Re: Had to scratch that CLI request itch -Capital One QuickSilver

What a great story and it seems you're staying the course as well. Good luck in the continuous journey ☺️

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $205, 500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 20.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 6 of 17
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!  Capiital One can be a tricky one to navigate.  If you haven't read the article linked in a post on asset backed securities, I highly recommend it.  It doesn't fully demystify C1, but does help give some broader understanding of how any why some accounts don't grow much if at all.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Card-Asset-Backed-Securities-ABS-and-w...

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 7 of 17
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That’s Terrific!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 8 of 17
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 

Message 9 of 17
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on Cap1 CLI 🤑👍

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.