Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition Financial CU Premier Rewards and Cash cards

tag
lnacen
Valued Member

Re: Addition Financial CU Premier Rewards and Cash cards

@Wu-Credit  congrats! soft or hard to join? chexsystem?

Message 11 of 24
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@lnacen wrote:

@Wu-Credit  congrats! soft or hard to join? chexsystem?

SP to join, no chex or EWS! Super friendly CSRs too. They're now my main local CU.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 12 of 24
mgood
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the two-fer.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 13
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 13 of 24
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 14 of 24
northway
Frequent Contributor

Addition can be nice if they want to. My experience was the opposite.

After being approved for the Premier Rewards card, my account was locked out because "after a review" they didn't like the $1 monthly transfer between my Checking and Savings account that I always set up with every bank to keep it from going inactive and said it was suspicious. Had to go to a branch to show my ID when I came back down to the Orlando area. Branch teller took my ID, contacted the "Legal" department which is their name for the fraud dept apparently, and said I'm OK to go and my online banking was unlocked.

A few months after, I reapply and am approved for the card again, and they lock my account again. There's no notation of me going to a branch with my ID and all attempts to reach out to their "legal" department to get it straightened out lead to "we'll get back to your after we research the matter" with no response. I'm not going to be back in Orlando for quite a while, so I just gave up.

They can consume a bag of phallic shaped objects IMO, but it's a good card overall, so congrats on the approval!

Personal Cards:
Message 15 of 24
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@northway wrote:

Addition can be nice if they want to. My experience was the opposite.

After being approved for the Premier Rewards card, my account was locked out because "after a review" they didn't like the $1 monthly transfer between my Checking and Savings account that I always set up with every bank to keep it from going inactive and said it was suspicious. Had to go to a branch to show my ID when I came back down to the Orlando area. Branch teller took my ID, contacted the "Legal" department which is their name for the fraud dept apparently, and said I'm OK to go and my online banking was unlocked.

A few months after, I reapply and am approved for the card again, and they lock my account again. There's no notation of me going to a branch with my ID and all attempts to reach out to their "legal" department to get it straightened out lead to "we'll get back to your after we research the matter" with no response. I'm not going to be back in Orlando for quite a while, so I just gave up.

They can consume a bag of phallic shaped objects IMO, but it's a good card overall, so congrats on the approval!

Wow, that's a bummer! I'm sorry to hear Smiley Sad

You may want to file a CFPB complaint, especially if your card is being closed when the account is locked (for reasons tied to a checking/savings account, not the cc itself) and having to reapply/take another HP when unlocked.

Also, credit unions are usually fine with having just the membership account (no need for a checking) and credit cards. No activity needed in the membership account, but you can always just deposit your cash back there if wanted, then transfer out after for activity purposes.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 16 of 24
northway
Frequent Contributor

@Wu-Credit wrote:

Wow, that's a bummer! I'm sorry to hear Smiley Sad

You may want to file a CFPB complaint, especially if your card is being closed when the account is locked (for reasons tied to a checking/savings account, not the cc itself) and having to reapply/take another HP when unlocked.

Also, credit unions are usually fine with having just the membership account (no need for a checking) and credit cards. No activity needed in the membership account, but you can always just deposit your cash back there if wanted, then transfer out after for activity purposes.

CFPB only works for CUs with over $1B in assets, and Addition is a state chartered CU, so even an NCUA complaint would only get routed to a state regulator. I've been through the CFPB gauntlet before along with NCUA complaints and they rarely get anywhere when it's a "fraud" related concern.

The reason why I set up $1 transfers, is that I've been a part of plenty of CUs that require activity even in the savings/membership account otherwise they impose dormancy fees until the account is depleted leading to closure and a loss of membership.

Personal Cards:
Message 17 of 24
Wu-Credit
Contributor

@northway wrote:

CFPB only works for CUs with over $1B in assets, and Addition is a state chartered CU, so even an NCUA complaint would only get routed to a state regulator. I've been through the CFPB gauntlet before along with NCUA complaints and they rarely get anywhere when it's a "fraud" related concern.

The reason why I set up $1 transfers, is that I've been a part of plenty of CUs that require activity even in the savings/membership account otherwise they impose dormancy fees until the account is depleted leading to closure and a loss of membership.

I was not aware of this. Still, Addition has 2.2B in assets from what I just researched: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addition_Financial

I've had zero activity in my Affinity membership account for over 2 years, and zero activity in Additon membership account for over 6 months (no issues with either). Either way, I always just check the fee schedule and terms: 

https://pages.additionfi.com/hubfs/Product%20Profiles/Addition%20Financial%20Fee%20Schedule.pdf

https://www.additionfi.com/docs/default-source/disclosures/important-account-information-for-our-mem...

Also, this is why I avoid having so many institutions and open lines. If I have to set up auto transfers/charges to keep an account/card/membership open, I don't need it anymore lol.

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 754↑
Message 18 of 24
northway
Frequent Contributor

@Wu-Credit wrote:

@northway wrote:

I was not aware of this. Still, Addition has 2.2B in assets from what I just researched: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addition_Financial

I've had zero activity in my Affinity membership account for over 2 years, and zero activity in Additon membership account for over 6 months (no issues with either). Either way, I always just check the fee schedule and terms: 

https://pages.additionfi.com/hubfs/Product%20Profiles/Addition%20Financial%20Fee%20Schedule.pdf

https://www.additionfi.com/docs/default-source/disclosures/important-account-information-for-our-mem...

Also, this is why I avoid having so many institutions and open lines. If I have to set up auto transfers/charges to keep an account/card/membership open, I don't need it anymore lol.

I meant $10B, but I appreciate it.

Personal Cards:
Message 19 of 24
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nice, congratulations on your approvals!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.