Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2k CLI- my reward for being a nervous wreck

tag
KateInquires
Contributor

2k CLI- my reward for being a nervous wreck

Hey fico fam-

I recieved an unprompted CLI on my M&T Visa Rewards card today. SL was $6000 (opened in May '23) and today increased to $8k! 

All because I'm such a nervous wreck about balances reporting. My statement cuts today and I recently transfrerred my entire balance (1600) to my CU credit card, Del One Visa (Im in DE and it's a local credit union). When I realized the payment did not post yet as of yesterday, I got nervous and pulled 1600 from savings to cover it. Low and behold, they both posted. So my balance is now -1600 and my new credit limit is apparently 8k!

My current scores are painfully TU 698, EX 698, EQ 697. Had a CLI on my Sams card this week as well- 2k to 3k. Send all the happy fico vibes that these two increases will finally get me to the 700 club! 

15 REPLIES 15
keekers
Established Contributor

Re: 2k CLI- my reward for being a nervous wreck

Congrats and try and relax a bit, haha.

Message 2 of 16
KateInquires
Contributor

Haha, solid advice!

My scores were low to mid 600's a few months ago. Thanks to a divorce settlement i was able to pay down about 20k in cc balances that i accumulated over the years. I know a score drop isnt the end of the world but its important to me to get to 700 since ive never been able to break through to that.  Thanks!! 

Message 3 of 16
Rdbeetle
Established Contributor

Congrats on the $2k CLI!!!

SchoolsFirst FCU MC $25k
USBank Cash+ $15k
AMEX BCP $10k
CapOne WM MC $5k
FICO 8 Scores: EQ 808 I EX 806 I TU 801
Message 4 of 16
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

congratulations on the cli!

Message 5 of 16
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 6 of 16
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase, balances happen you just have to roll with them

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 7 of 16
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CLI 🤑👍

Message 8 of 16
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Nice, congratulations!

Message 9 of 16
KateInquires
Contributor

Update- 700 club!!!! Finally!! 

This has been a personal goal for the last 4 years. Fico Eq is 700 and Fico Experian 701. Transunion actually dropped to 694- I believe it's because I bit the bullet and closed my cap one Quicksilver One rewards (started at 300...2 years later it's at 500)...good riddance). I think transunion will catch up once the new 2k limit reports. I have a really thick file so I'm surprised closing that little card made such an impact. No regrets though, AF was coming in May. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.