Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Altitude Reserve Application Eligibility 2024

tag
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

US Bank Altitude Reserve Application Eligibility 2024

I had originally seen this message from @longtimelurker  that had explained the eligibility rules to apply for this card:

Their post: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Altitude-reserve-no-longer-available-in-br...

Then, if I remember correctly....someone...perhaps @K-in-Boston had posted that those rules were no longer part of the process and anyone could apply for this card.  The eligibility section on their website stated as such.  I have looked and can't find that post and the eligibility tab on their website is now gone.

This morning I am reading on DoC that people are opening a CD to become an accountholder to then gain eligibility to apply.  Does anyone know if they have reinstated the "prior accountholder" requirement before applying for this card?  

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/tip-open-us-bank-investment-account-to-be-eligible-for-checking-bonus...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Reserve Application Eligibility 2024

I was approved for Altitude Reserve about 3 months ago and I have no banking relationship with US Bank. Just had a CO branded HD CC about 3 years ago and that didn't require any banking relationship either! Since I have seen few other approval posts and there are no mention of prior banking requiement!

Message 2 of 10
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

This morning I am reading on DoC that people are opening a CD to become an accountholder to then gain eligibility to apply.  Does anyone know if they have reinstated the "prior accountholder" requirement before applying for this card?  

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/tip-open-us-bank-investment-account-to-be-eligible-for-checking-bonus...

That DoC article is an update on a post from a few years ago (maybe 2020?).  As far as I am aware, the pre-requisite for USBAR to be limited to existing customers was removed in 2022 (shortly after I applied for an Altitude Connect specifically to establish a relationship for the AR).

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 10 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 3 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks @CYBERSAM  and @NoHardLimits 

I appreciate it.  It's on my list once I hit 0/12 as someone else had posted that was a beneficial move....and I've also read about the mess people with the card are having getting the extra bonus using MobilePay versus a swipe transaction so pausing at the moment made sense.  I just didn't want to go backwards to another account to get eligibility first.

Appreciate it.  

catherine-o-hara-schitts-creek.gif

Message 4 of 10
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

They paid me a $500 bribe to open a smarty checking, now they have promised another $500 for spending $2000 on the altitude connect, do you think there might be another bribe in my future for the reserve?  Would it be worth the af?  I love that bank!

Message 5 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

They paid me a $500 bribe to open a smarty checking, now they have promised another $500 for spending $2000 on the altitude connect, do you think there might be another bribe in my future for the reserve?  Would it be worth the af?  I love that bank!

The AF in reality is only $75. You get $325 credited with easy spend on few categories once a year! Therefore not a bad deal to get Visa Infinite for $75 AF. That's not even calculating other perks and rewards! Once you think about it and do the math, it's a must have card for most profiles.

Message 6 of 10
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Thanks!

I'm going to look at that. I mostly went with connect for the sub with low spend.  I might consider adding the reserve later in summer when all my insurance comes due.  Otherwise, I don't spend $4500 in 3 months.  Might take a cruise, that would do it to. I'm retired and already own everything, lol. Looks like connect and reserve overlap. Do you think I could pc the connect for cash+ or shoppers reward?

Message 7 of 10
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Thanks!

I'm going to look at that. I mostly went with connect for the sub with low spend.  I might consider adding the reserve later in summer when all my insurance comes due.  Otherwise, I don't spend $4500 in 3 months.  Might take a cruise, that would do it to. I'm retired and already own everything, lol. Looks like connect and reserve overlap. Do you think I could pc the connect for cash+ or shoppers reward?

I requested a product change from Altitude Connect to a Cash+ right after the 1st annual fee posted.  Very easily accomplished with one phone call. 

If you want to product change to Shoppers Cash Rewards, I'm not entirely certain that you would get the $95 annual fee waiver as one would with a new application.  Just something to consider and verify before taking any action.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 10 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 8 of 10
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Thanks again!

Message 9 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@cashorcharge wrote:

Then, if I remember correctly....someone...perhaps @K-in-Boston had posted that those rules were no longer part of the process and anyone could apply for this card.  The eligibility section on their website stated as such.  I have looked and can't find that post and the eligibility tab on their website is now gone.

Wasn't me, but I'm surprised to learn that they do appear to have removed the "must be an existing customer of US Bank" requirement.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.