tag
Vash
Valued Member

Re: Redstone Pre-Approval...Pure Temptation

@dlister70 wrote:

@Vash wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@ptatohed 

>>Also, the overly confusing .5 point system is a big turn off for me, even if it does translate to a true 5%/3%/1.5% CB at the end of the day.  

I was wondering if you could elaborate on this more Smiley Happy

I was just approved for membership - and if that pre-approved ever shows up 60-90 days from now for a CC, I want to know what I am in for Smiley Very Happy

I can careless about the point system. 
But what bothers me so far is that we can’t check the cash back on each individual transaction. There is only a total cashback amount you can check. So if a transaction did not give 5%, you’d never know which one if it's been a while since.  

Really liked the features on my wife’s Capital One Walmart card.  Not only it show the cashback % on each transaction, but it also allows me to use the cash back to pay for the current balance at any time (as long as it does not exceed the current balance).  

You can see what category it coded at as the transactions show up on your transaction list.  Click the + sign next to the transaction, and it will tell you the category.  You can also click on your rewards on the front page, and get a more detailed look at how many points you earned for each transaction.  And finally, you can download your transactions as an excel spreadsheet and see the categories there too.  

Still not as straightforward as some of my cards, but there are ways to tell.  It took me a bit with their website to figure it out though.

What I really wish to see is either a % right besidess each transaction like Apple Card.

or,

The actual cash back on dollar amount besides each transaction like AAA Daily Advantage. 

By the way, in your linked thread, you mentioned about walmart coding.  

Well, AAA Daily Advantage got 5% at Walmart for me every time. 😆  

Red stone only gives $7k cap on the cashback.  Between gas and restaurants, it should be enough.  But if you throw in groceries, it is not worth it at 3% and sacrifice what you can spend on gas and restaurants.  

Message 31 of 41
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@Vash it took about 60-90 days after joining and funding accounts to start seeing the pre-approvals. Interesting note, however, is that if you see the pre-approval in orange (like the way it looks in my original post) then that is a true pre-approval which may result in only a SP (ymmv), but if you see it in blue with general language to apply, then that is a regular app and just marketing. They still put the ones in blue boxes in the pre-approval tab, even though they're not. For me, the orange pre-approvals stayed for about two quarters and then turned blue afterward, even though I had no apps or inq's during that time frame.

I was wondering if anyone reading & waiting for pre-approvals for this card, have passed the 90-day mark and still have never gotten a pre-approval? I am coming up to the 60-day mark and still nothing. Just curious Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 32 of 41
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64  I waited about three weeks before apping for the  card. I was waiting for balance that I paid off to report. I had no preapprovals when apped and I was approved for 10K.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 33 of 41
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

@Wavester64  I waited about three weeks before apping for the  card. I was waiting for balance that I paid off to report. I had no preapprovals when apped and I was approved for 10K.

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 34 of 41
narcan04
Established Member

Over a year with no offers for me. Just have $100 sitting in savings.

Message 35 of 41
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@narcan04 wrote:

Just go for it.  Smiley Wink

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 36 of 41
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@narcan04 wrote:

Eek Smiley Sad

Potential Future Cards
Message 37 of 41
Barkius

FWIW, I had my Redstone accounts open for 90 days or so, didn't see any pre-approvals, applied for their famed 5% card, was denied, so I withdrew all my money and closed all my accounts with them.

Didn't like that they do not offer outgoing ACHs, among other things.

Message 38 of 41
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

So I guess the credit card Gods shined on me today. I just passed the 60 day mark of becoming a member of Redstone this week, thinking I gotta wait at least 90 days (or a lot more since reading some posts in this thread) to have to wait for a pre-approval when low and behold, when checking today, there it was! Yellow pre-approval for either card! Smiley Happy The offer for the Visa signature was a pre-approved for $7500 SL. I was happy to have that, even though I thought the minimum for this card was $10K. For some reason though you could edit that SL but when I put $10K and proceeded to the next screen it said I was only Approved for $7500, but that's ok. Went thru the motions (income, place of employment, etc.) After all the proceed to next screen it said I was pre-approved for the card and someone would call to verify information. Instead (maybe because it's the weekend) I got an email instead with more questions to answer about my identity. Eventually I got a link to DocuSign a few things, and then boom. Approved. Card would be shipped in 7-14 days. A much smoother process than I read a lot of my co MFers had to go thru on here. Was a nice surprise considering all the AOD drama of late. Smiley Very Happy Looking forward to getting and using this card in my lineup 👍

Potential Future Cards
Message 39 of 41
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Congrats @Wavester64 .

I think I am missing something.  Why is it so important to wait for a pre-approval offer?  I only have two CU cards but, both times, I applied for membership and the CC at the same time.  Can you not do that with RedStone?  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.