tag
ShreksBFF
New Contributor

Re: Redstone Pre-Approval...Pure Temptation

@Wavester64 wrote:

Seems like a nice card Smiley Happy

Is Redstone geo-fenced?

What CB do they pull from?

Sign up for Financial Fitness Association to qualify for membership, they pull EX

June 2022:
Jan 2024:
Message 11 of 41
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

Looking at PMS's ( @PullingMeSoftly  ) sig, looks like he never went for it.  

For me, the Redstone Visa Sig is the most impressive card I don't quite need.  5% rest's and gas all year long is amazing but I almost always have those two cats covered with my rotators.  3% on those 6 cats is wonderful but my AOD (for now) gets 3% on everything.  And the 1.5% base is great, especially when you misjudge a 5% cat and end up with 1%.  But I just don't quite need this great card. 

Also, the overly confusing .5 point system is a big turn off for me, even if it does translate to a true 5%/3%/1.5% CB at the end of the day.  

This card, hands down, is the best card I don't want to apply for.  Smiley LOL

Couldn't have said it any better @ptatohed...that and changing strategies for travel goals, etc. I had it lined up, but went for some bigger subs with other products instead. Possibly an end of 2024 card, if it survives and stays as is.

Message 12 of 41
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Vash it took about 60-90 days after joining and funding accounts to start seeing the pre-approvals. Interesting note, however, is that if you see the pre-approval in orange (like the way it looks in my original post) then that is a true pre-approval which may result in only a SP (ymmv), but if you see it in blue with general language to apply, then that is a regular app and just marketing. They still put the ones in blue boxes in the pre-approval tab, even though they're not. For me, the orange pre-approvals stayed for about two quarters and then turned blue afterward, even though I had no apps or inq's during that time frame.

Message 13 of 41
GZG
Valued Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@Vash it took about 60-90 days after joining and funding accounts to start seeing the pre-approvals. Interesting note, however, is that if you see the pre-approval in orange (like the way it looks in my original post) then that is a true pre-approval which may result in only a SP (ymmv), but if you see it in blue with general language to apply, then that is a regular app and just marketing. They still put the ones in blue boxes in the pre-approval tab, even though they're not. For me, the orange pre-approvals stayed for about two quarters and then turned blue afterward, even though I had no apps or inq's during that time frame.

curious if my pre-approvals will disappear, my visa sig card is at about the 6 month mark, so wonder if they will disappear like yours

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 14 of 41
Vash
Valued Member

@PullingMeSoftly 

Thank you for the reply.   It is about 70 days and counting for me.  And I have been funding it every week since the third week.    Total deposit exceeded $7,000, although I did transfer out some of it.   My current FICO 8 score is around 770 cross all three credit bureaus.   Getting impatient on waiting for the pre approval.   As of now, they do not even provide a FICO score for me in their app.  

I actually asked their customer support.   Once on the phone, once on the chat.  They gave me difference answers.  First one told me that they update pre-approval in the beginning of each month, and the second one told me it is random and no set time.  

Message 15 of 41
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@ShreksBFF wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Is Redstone geo-fenced?

Sign up for Financial Fitness Association to qualify for membership, they pull EX

Thanks Smiley Happy  do they HP to become a member? Or just when you app for their CC?

Potential Future Cards
Message 16 of 41
Vash
Valued Member

@Wavester64 wrote:

@ShreksBFF wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Is Redstone geo-fenced?

Thanks Smiley Happy  do they HP to become a member? Or just when you app for their CC?

Soft pull on joining Redstone.   
Hard pull if you apply for the credit card.  But it is a soft pull if you are pre approved.

I actually just got my Redstone Visa Signature a few weeks ago after two appeals.  They declined me twice before finally agreed to give me the Signature version @ $5k, instead of the visa traditional version at $2k

Message 17 of 41
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Vash wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@ShreksBFF wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Is Redstone geo-fenced?

Soft pull on joining Redstone.   
Hard pull if you apply for the credit card.  But it is a soft pull if you are pre approved 

Thanks @Vash Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 18 of 41
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@ShreksBFF wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Is Redstone geo-fenced?

@ShreksBFF Another question if I may - you mentioned signing up Financial Fitness Association to qualify for membership. Another thread (I forget who it was to give them credit) mentioned signing up for AUSA.org to qualify for membership. Is there a benefit for signing up one versus the other, or its all the same? TIA Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 19 of 41
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@ShreksBFF wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Is Redstone geo-fenced?

@ShreksBFF Another question if I may - you mentioned signing up Financial Fitness Association to qualify for membership. Another thread (I forget who it was to give them credit) mentioned signing up for AUSA.org to qualify for membership. Is there a benefit for signing up one versus the other, or its all the same? TIA Smiley Happy

people did FFA until people found out that AUSA was free, I think that's all it was 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.