Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Experience Applying for the US Bank Cash+ Secured Card

tag
bytechma
Contributor

My Experience Applying for the US Bank Cash+ Secured Card

Recently, I applied for the US Bank Cash+ Secured Card  on March 22, 2024. After submitting my application, I received the standard  7-10 days notice, indicating that they were reviewing my application.

On Thursday, March 4th, I received a text message instructing me to call customer service. They needed additional information to confirm my identity. Curious about the need for further identification, I explained to the representative that I already had a business checking account with monthly deposits of $10,000. However, the representative asked me which state I applied from. At the time, I was in Florida, and I had submitted the application online while physically located in Florida. Interestingly, I had initially opened my business checking account at a downtown Chicago branch, where there are numerous US Bank locations. Unfortunately, Florida, specifically Orlando, lacks any US Bank branches. It appears that this discrepancy might be the reason why my application wasn't automatically approved.

The representative attempted to approve my application without requiring additional documents, but unfortunately, it didn't succeed. Consequently, I was asked to  fax several documents to confirm my identity. These documents included two years of tax returns, two months of bank statements, my SSN card, and my ID. It did seem like a substantial amount of paperwork just for identity confirmation, but I complied and faxed the requested materials. Interestingly, the department only accepts faxes and not emails.

To ensure everything went smoothly, I called the next day to confirm that they had received my documents. The representative advised me to call back on Tuesday, indicating that my application should be approved by then.

Now, I'm eagerly waiting to see if my application gets approved. My advice to others considering this card is to apply either in-branch or online in a state that has US Bank branches. It seems that the branch location can play a significant role in the approval process.

Personal Cards
C1 Quickslilver One $500 | C1 Savor One $2,000 | Discover IT Secured $200 | Amex Optima $500 | U.S. Bank Cash+ Secured $1,000 | C1 Venture X $30,000 (AU)

BOA Cards with Preferred Rewards Platinum (50% boost)
Travel Rewards $18,000 (AU) | Bank Americard $2,100 (AU) | Customized Cash Rewards $22,000 (AU) | Premium Rewards $19,400 (AU)

Business Cards
Nav Prime $11,000 | Amex Blue Business Plus $12,800(AU)

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Experience Applying for the US Bank Cash+ Secured Card

I am in FL as well and had no issues personally getting US Bank credit cards.  I closed on my house the day I moved here and got stuck in a bit of verification due to it not recording to public records yet, but solved that with a few proof of address documents and nothing more.  So I guess you case was a bit different asking for POI, etc.  Sounds like it will work out for you though.  I had CC's before a checking account with them interestingly enough i always got turned down for bank accounts.  Come to find out it was due to have a freeze on sagestream/innovis once that was removed instant approval from out of state as well.

Message 2 of 13
bytechma
Contributor

Congrats on closing on your home! I bet you are relieved after your closing. 

oh nice that is good to hear that you were still able to get approved being Florida. Is your address already Florida on your IDs? Yes I guess my situation is a slightly different in that my address and residence is still in Chicago. So all the documents I provided is showing Chicago which is the address I had when I opened my business account with them. I was just in Florida visiting family. But I do have a few bank accounts tied to my family's Florida address. 

Congrats on the personal checking with US Bank. Hopefully you made sure to pick up the sign on bonus for the personal checking. 

Personal Cards
C1 Quickslilver One $500 | C1 Savor One $2,000 | Discover IT Secured $200 | Amex Optima $500 | U.S. Bank Cash+ Secured $1,000 | C1 Venture X $30,000 (AU)

Travel Rewards $18,000 (AU) | Bank Americard $2,100 (AU) | Customized Cash Rewards $22,000 (AU) | Premium Rewards $19,400 (AU)

Business Cards

Message 3 of 13
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

I live in Michigan where I think USB has one investment office and I was approved. Good luck!!

Message 4 of 13
bytechma
Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

I live in Michigan where I think USB has one investment office and I was approved. Good luck!!

Im surprised they don't have a ton of branches being so close to Chicago. Thanks! 🙏🏼 

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Message 5 of 13
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Muck Fichigan!I

I live in oh ten, they bribed me with $500 to take the smarty checking. Paid in 30 days too. They also waive the monthly tax because I'm old.  Just last week, they approved an altitude connect card, with the promise of another $500 bribe!  The card is going to pay for my global entry/tsa precheck.  Is this a great bank of what?  

Message 6 of 13
keekers
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing.

Message 7 of 13
bytechma
Contributor

I agree, US bank's bank checking bonus is amazing. 

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Message 8 of 13
bytechma
Contributor

@keekers wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

No problem 🙌🏼

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Message 9 of 13
bytechma
Contributor

Called US Bank yesterday and the rep said that my application went into the funding process on April 2nd. He said it will take 7 days to complete. 

so I asked him if funding works then I will ne approved and he yes and there were no issues from US bank

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.