Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied or not?

tag
Srivera718
New Contributor

Denied or not?

I recently applied and got denied for the Bank of America unlimited cash rewards card. Second time in just under a year and a half. I was waiting for the denial letter to arrive and when it arrived it said they were looking forward to finishing reviewing my app. That was page 1. Page 2 basically listed 5 different reasons they denied me. So ultimately am I denied or still have a chance?20240211_200559.jpg

20240211_200544.jpg

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: Denied or not?

Follow the request for additional information. They have a funky way of doing things. As of now, you are in limbo pending the additional info is all. Not completing it, will be a denial. You still very much have a chance. Good luck.

Message 2 of 13
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

At this point, they have not denied your application.  They are waiting for you to the provide the information requested on Page 1 of their letter.  The reason codes on Page 2 are simply some of the factors that are causing your credit score to be less than the maximum possible number of points.  

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 10 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 3 of 13
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Don't worry about the first page, because it only explain the reason the facts of your 715 score according to Experian . If you want to finish the application just send what they ask four.where did you get that you are denied from?

Message 4 of 13
Srivera718
New Contributor

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

Don't worry about the first page, because it only explain the reason the facts of your 715 score according to Experian . If you want to finish the application just send what they ask four.where did you get that you are denied from?

When I applied online it came back saying they couldn't approve my application. Nothing about further review which is why this letter caught me off guard a bit

Message 5 of 13
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

@Srivera718 wrote:

@TekkenQQ7 wrote:

When I applied online it came back saying they couldn't approve my application. Nothing about further review which is why this letter caught me off guard a bit

kO i see, but you good to go, and good luck.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 191803.png

Message 6 of 13
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Good luck on getting approved!

Message 7 of 13
Linnaea
Frequent Contributor

Very interesting.   I just want to stay tuned to find out the outcome.   It's popcorn time.   I am cheering for a happy ending.   

Message 8 of 13
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@Srivera718  please let us know what happened. Thank you.

Message 9 of 13
keekers
Established Contributor

Good luck; keep us posted.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.