Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgraded Venture X - Can I reapply?

tag
Skittles591

Downgraded Venture X - Can I reapply?

Trying to get Venture X after downgrading

I originally downgraded my Venture X to a no annual fee Venture One because I had the CSR and the benefits overlapped too much, but I regret downgrading when I realized it’s essentially a -$5 annual fee card and none of the Chase cards have a 2x catch all category, and the EAF at $250 the CSR isn't a better value. I want the VX again.

However, I think I'll have to wait 3 years until I can get one again? The terms state: "Existing or previous cardmembers are not eligible for this product if they have received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past 48 months"

I don't mind not getting the SUB, but it looks like I can't even re-apply.

I tried calling in about a product upgrade to the VX but they said I don’t have it. They also told me that I can never go back to the Venture X on that specific account. I don't know how true that is because different representatives have told me varying things. 

Am I screwed? Nothing changed employment wise or wage wise.

I even tried to use the pre-approval tool, but it said they couldn’t pre-approve me because I got a capital one credit card bonus too recently (my VX which I got in March 2023).

I feel so stupid for downgrading such an amazing card, but I didn't think it through enough when I did so 2 months ago.

FICO is 800

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Downgraded Venture X - Can I reapply?

try upgrading? 

click into the card account on desktop and add /productupgrade after the equal sign and see if you can upgrade back to it 

image.png

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Won't get the bonus again but should be able to upgrade as mentioned above or need to wait for offer to appears.  If have opened a lot of accounts recently they mind not to be warmed up to you.  

Message 3 of 5
Skittles591

I've only opened a CSR recently but that was before this post. Other than that I don't sign up for credit cards very often

Message 4 of 5
Skittles591

I don't have that option

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.