cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Capital One hold CLI requests against you?

tag
vinster95
New Contributor

Does Capital One hold CLI requests against you?

Thanks everyone for the advice on how to do the Capital One Venture card CLIs! Quick follow up question I had. Is it worth always just trying the CLI? Or will they hold it against you down the road? Like should I just try it a month in and if they decline it then whatever, try again next month? Or would that hurt my chances down the road and I should just try in a few months? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Capital One hold CLI requests against you?

I think you should be safe since it's all algorithm driven for their cli(s). You can't do any manual re-consideration anyway. The algorithm will either approve you based on your profile-specific criteria or it won't. I say profile-specific criteria bc YMMV with Cap 1. I've hit the button monthly and never( to my knowledge) suffered any negative consequences doing so. I've been fortunate to get manual cli(s) on 3 month intervals without any consequences of hitting the cli button regularly. I've hit the button multiple times in a month before. 

Best of luck growing your new card Smiley Happy

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $205, 500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 20.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 2 of 4
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Like @nytokyobred79 , I have smashed that C1 CLI request many a time (every month for like a year.)  There shouldn't be any blowback from them.

Message 3 of 4
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

I've had mixed success with Capital One CLI requests accross various cards, but no negative impacts from those denials either.  Each new card approval has had a better SL with them though ($2k, $3k, $10k, $20k).

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
May 2024 FICO 8:
May 2024 FICO 9:
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.