Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied or not?

tag
Srivera718
New Contributor

Re: Denied or not?

To update the thread, I called BOA to confirm that the application wasn't denied and that they indeed need me to mail the info requested. They confirmed and so I sent over everything they requested. Waited about 3 weeks before hearing back from them. I got a letter saying that they couldn't approve my application, they "couldn't verify my identity" 😒😑😮‍💨 

Annoyed and frustrated I closed all my personal accounts with BOA and moved to Chase. Waiting until next month when 3 inquires fall off and I'm under 5/24 to app for a Chase card. 

Message 11 of 13
keekers
Established Contributor

Ugh, that's super frustrating. Bummer.

Message 12 of 13
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Srivera718 wrote:

To update the thread, I called BOA to confirm that the application wasn't denied and that they indeed need me to mail the info requested. They confirmed and so I sent over everything they requested. Waited about 3 weeks before hearing back from them. I got a letter saying that they couldn't approve my application, they "couldn't verify my identity" 😒😑😮‍💨 

Annoyed and frustrated I closed all my personal accounts with BOA and moved to Chase. Waiting until next month when 3 inquires fall off and I'm under 5/24 to app for a Chase card. 

Sorry to hear about the confirmed denial.  Such an odd situation where you fulfilled their request for identification and they still denied you for identity verification.  I don't blame you for packing up and moving to Chase.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, New Revolver
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 10 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.