cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything Else Before I Take the Plunge (NFCU)?

tag
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Re: Anything Else Before I Take the Plunge (NFCU)?

How large was your first cards SL?

I opened my NFCU account the beginning of last year and, moved all our DD's to them and opened $10k worth of certificates. My first app with them was for the Flagship in contrast to that not being a card they approve first and was granted a $30k SL. Used it heavily for 3 months to get the SUB and at just beyond the 6 month mark I apped for the More Rewards and was granted a SL of $25k and also got a $8k cli on the Flagship.

Have since also received two used vehicle loans from them also end of last year in the 6% range 72 months. They seem to grow a relationship really quickly.

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ CAPITAL ONE SAVORONE $3000 SL

SOCK DRAWERED/ FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 11 of 12
Twotimesacharm
Regular Contributor

Re: Anything Else Before I Take the Plunge (NFCU)?

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP wrote:

How large was your first cards SL?

I opened my Amex the same day I joined and my SL was 3k (same as now) with a 9.65%. I've never asked for an increase since I really wasn't educated on growing my limits until doing so much research on here, and when I decided in January to go for a second card this summer, I didn't want to ask for one before apping.

As mentioned, my cards were used very heavily and I never paid attention to the balances when the statements cut, so my report shows high balances for the last 2 years, but never any lates. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.