cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone approved for apple card with a paid charge off?

tag
LendMeTheLoot
Established Member

Anyone approved for apple card with a paid charge off?

hello folks, the apple card has been a goal of mine for a while and the most recent app only had "you have a charged off account" and "You've had a checking account closed recently".

They refer to an account that was closed in like August 2022. I paid it in full in December 23.

Anyone been approved for the apple card with a paid charge off on their reports? If so, what was your approximate score at the time of approval? Feel free to add other details about your profile and your starting limit if you don't mind.

Thanks in advance, all! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone approved for apple card with a paid charge off?

I'm bumping this. I don't have an Apple card.

Message 2 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

I had three unpaid chargeoffs still on my report when I got mine. I think one was about 6 years old and the other two were about 5 years old at the time. I think my FICO score was around 660 when I got approved.  I was in the early stages of my rebuild and had a couple of secured cards open for a year or two and a couple of unsecured low limit card open for about a year when I got the Apple Card (SL was $500).

Message 3 of 8
LendMeTheLoot
Established Member

Perfect reply. Thank you. That helps a lot. They keep saying no due to my charge off and closed bank account which is the one that was charged off. I'm assuming because it's relatively new, from May 2022. I paid it in full in december. I wonder if it needs to have been paid for over a year. I think my denied score was ~ 672. Time and persistence will tell. 

Message 4 of 8
keekers
Established Contributor

I don't know for sure, of course, but my 3 unpaid chargeoffs look worse than one paid chargeoff...I'd say be patient and keep positive things going on your file and it will happen. Also, Goldman sold the Apple card business since I got my Apple card so who knows if the underwriting changed at all; especially given the losses that were incurred.

Message 5 of 8
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Now my method on how I obtained the card may or not still work (SCT)... However, I had a BK, and several charge offs and my scores at the time were Low 600s. Apple Card story can be found here.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 6 of 8
Friendlyfranknbeans
Established Member

If you get denied use a different Apple ID unrelated to the one you previously applied with. 

American Express Gold Business - NPSL
American Express Green - NPSL
Ally credit card - 4700.00
Capital One Spark - 2500.00
Capital One Platinum - 7000.00
Credit One 5x - 1600.00
Credit One platinum - 1000.00
Credit One Amex - 2600.00
US Bank Secured - 300.00
NCFU Nrewards secured - 200.00
Prosper card - 2000.00
Upgrade Card - NPSL
One Main Financial - 600.00
USAA Rewards Visa 500.00
EX - 762
EQ - 744
TU - 736

Hard inquiries - 8
Message 7 of 8
LendMeTheLoot
Established Member

Just seeing this now. What's your theory on this?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.