Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

length of credit

tag
Frank123
New Visitor

length of credit

I have 6-9 years of credit history on my FICO. I have had credit for almost 50 years, but I had 2 bankrupcies after divorces. Do the old credit accounts add to my credit history?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: length of credit

@Frank123 wrote:

I have 6-9 years of credit history on my FICO. I have had credit for almost 50 years, but I had 2 bankrupcies after divorces. Do the old credit accounts add to my credit history?

Only if they are still open; if they were closed 10 or more years ago, the odds of them adding to your credit history are nil.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

In the proverbial sock drawer:
Message 2 of 4
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

If they are still on your credit reports, yes; if they've fallen off, no.

Message 3 of 4
FlaDude
Established Contributor

As has been mentioned, closed accounts typically stay on your reports for 10 years, and for FICO 8 at least are included in your credit aging. Not that it matters much, but they are not included in Vantage aging so if you check your age statistics from Credit Karma or similar they will not match various FICO sources including myFICO.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.