Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success - 3 years into Chap 7

tag
MoBra
New Contributor

Success - 3 years into Chap 7

Hello all, 

I came to share the biggest get since my bankruptcy. I'm 3 years post discharge and burned Penfed for about 22k. Unlike Navy they don't have a block or note on my account so I decided to try for a Signature card and it Worked!!They let me back in!They let me back in!

The only other significant card I have is a Capital One Venture for 10K. Back in Penfed means more to me though! I have other cards but they are all $2300 or less

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
citymunky
Established Contributor

Re: Success - 3 years into Chap 7

Congrats !

Rebuilding since 2021

Closed CCs
USAA (Jul 2019| Settled CO), Jasper $1 CL (Jul21-Jul22), Sable $250CL{Secured} (Jan22-Jun23), CreditOne Platinum $750CL (Jul21-Aug23), Prosper $1.9K CL (Jan22-Apr24)

Starting FICO 8 Scores:
Current FICO 8 Scores:

Message 2 of 9
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats.

Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your rebuild!

Message 4 of 9
MoBra
New Contributor

Thank you!!!!

Message 5 of 9
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I burned PENFED in my CH7 BK two years ago.  Your post got me wondering so I went to sign in to see what it would say. I was denied for a credit card so I checked out their personal loans before I left the site. Put in for $3500 for 60 months. Not only was that approved, but they approved me for $5200. Maybe PENFED has loosened up a little.  I checked my NFCU account after that. I have limited access there. No love from them.

I didn't take the PENFED offer. It ranged from 14.49-15.49%. And I should note I'm 22 months since DC.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 690 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800 / Apple Card - $2700 / Walmart Mastercard - $2500

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 6 of 9
MoBra
New Contributor

You can't look at this as anything other than GREAT! NFCU has some block for my husband's acct on mine that has me limited. But PenFed has always been better to me. Wait a couple months and try again! We BACK! 

Message 7 of 9
CaptainConcorde
New Contributor

You burned them and they approved you?  I hit them pretty hard with my Ch7 and kind of figured they'd never even look at me again.  I always thought credit unions would never do business with you again.  That's kind of nice to hear you had success. 

In My Wallet:

Total Credit Lines: $13,100 - Utilization: 8%

Mortgage and Car Loan:

February 2024 FICO 8 (Post Discharge):

May 2024 FICO 8:

Message 8 of 9
MoBra
New Contributor

I think it helped that it fell off my credit report. But yes, I'm back in and couldn't be happier.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.