Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED Approval

tag
sihmud
Regular Contributor

PENFED Approval

was finallyapproved for pended pathfinder $6.5k limit. I'm about 2 years 3 months post DC. My insight is that they are currently approving at the 2 year mark and I say this because I applied 7 times prior to the 2 years and was declined. Once I hit 2 years they sent me pre approvals for car loans, personal loans Etc. hope this info helps out. 

im thinking im using the same inquiry and applying for another one. I like their platinum cars 5x the points at gas stations has anyone had luck get 2 cards at the same time?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: PENFED Approval

That’s Terrific!! Congratulations on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 2 of 10
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@sihmud ,

Congratulations on your PENFED approval!

Let me know if you were able to the Platinum card, because yes it is possible to get two cards with them off the same pull. Now that was before Penfed started having financial issues. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 3 of 10
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Yes, they will use the same pull for 30 days so definitely try for another card if that is what you would like to do.

Message 4 of 10
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I checked to see if I could be pre-approved after reading another post here. That was declined but I was approved for a $5200 loan (didn't take the offer). It's been 22 months since my DC so I'll probably try again in a few months. They are sending me a letter so I'll see what they list for a reason.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 690 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800 / Apple Card - $2700 / Walmart Mastercard - $2500

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 5 of 10
CaptainConcorde
New Contributor

Congratulations.  Did you hit them in the BK at all?  

In My Wallet:

Total Credit Lines: $13,100 - Utilization: 8%

Mortgage and Car Loan:

February 2024 FICO 8 (Post Discharge):

May 2024 FICO 8:

Message 6 of 10
sihmud
Regular Contributor

@Guyatthebeach got TD for the platinum card as a second card. Just FYI. Such good points too for gas and groceries kinda sad lol. Pathfinder has got intro bonus so I'm happy 

Message 7 of 10
sihmud
Regular Contributor

@CaptainConcorde no they wenye IIBK

Message 8 of 10
sihmud
Regular Contributor

@masscreditcheck to see if your pre approved for auto. I was pre approved for CC 6 months ago but not auto and was still declined when I did app. Was pre approved for personal loan 3 Mknths ago but not auto and was TD for CC. Once they pre approved me for auto that's when they approved my CC app 

Message 9 of 10
keekers
Established Contributor

Congrats.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.