Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 7 - Awaiting Discharge

tag
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Chapter 7 - Awaiting Discharge

Hey everyone,

I truly wish I did this last year, but it's finally about to be over. 341 was done 3 weeks ago, deemed a no asset case. Fire sale, everything went except the house and car. 

I just applied for Mission Lane Cashback thru Credit Karma. Obviously my options are limited. Approved for $2k. That, along with the house being reaffirmed, my reports will be good for a while. I'll be opening a secured loan for an installment account, and that's that. 

Very happy this'll all be over soon. Great attorney I had here in Boston. A lot of worrying for nothing when it came to the MOC. I shoulda listened to my attorney when he said don't worry. Most important thing I realized thru this whole process....be honest with your counsel about EVERYTHING. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Chapter 7 - Awaiting Discharge

Congrats on having this behind you. Best of luck with your rebuild !

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 5
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Good luck on your credit journey. 

Message 3 of 5
GreatLife
Regular Contributor

Please continue contributing to the forum and keep us updated on your rebuild progress. 

Message 4 of 5
TXNC919

Congratulations to you - I'm also waiting on my discharge. I also too have received a lot of pre approvals from Mission Lane, so you applied for the card before you received your discharge? I wasn't aware we could do that, things that I read said you have to wait unit your discharge unless you get approval from the attorney. That's good if you were able to get it before hand. I was thinking I might only be approved with a low limit like $300, if I get approved at all. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.