Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK - RED Flag?

tag
castor4072
Regular Contributor

BK - RED Flag?

Hey peeps....hope everyone had a good day.

Going to call my Trustee tomorrow and ask if it's a RED flag if I make the last 2 payments now!? My plan IS NOT 100% payback, not even close.

Good or bad idea? Anyone has experienced this and the outcome? Or does this simply starts the discharge process 60 days early?

Thanks...Cas...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: BK - RED Flag?

@castor4072 wrote:

Going to call my Trustee tomorrow and ask if it's a RED flag if I make the last 2 payments now!? My plan IS NOT 100% payback, not even close.

Good or bad idea? Anyone has experienced this and the outcome? Or does this simply starts the discharge process 60 days early?

Thanks...Cas...

I have heard anecdotal reports of folks getting away with making their last few payment early, and other reports where the Trustee wonders why you have enough extra money and decides to revisit your plan.  In my case my attorney S-T-R-O-N-G-L-Y recommended I wait for my penultimate payment to post, and then make my final payment the next day; this will speed up your discharge by about a month.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 6
castor4072
Regular Contributor

I was just about to post that very same thought, how does he have extra money! I was thinking a few days or week later pay the last payment.....

Message 3 of 6
castor4072
Regular Contributor

Yeah, it takes NDC about a week to update my account of a payment made and I see it in my account. I'll probably wait until the 59th payment posts on NDC, THEN make my final payment! 😁

Message 4 of 6
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@castor4072 wrote:

Thanks...Cas...

I have heard anecdotal reports of folks getting away with making their last few payment early, and other reports where the Trustee wonders why you have enough extra money and decides to revisit your plan.  In my case my attorney S-T-R-O-N-G-L-Y recommended I wait for my penultimate payment to post, and then make my final payment the next day; this will speed up your discharge by about a month.

Ditto, my attorney advised the same, not to make 2 at the same time BUT I did make the last payment well before the due date though so the trustee would start their audit earlier, IMO my case was discharged weeks earlier as a result but I have no hard evidence of this 

Message 5 of 6
castor4072
Regular Contributor

@Lurker22 

Yeah, the last/final payment will be approximately 2 weeks early from the due date, I should be safe! 😁

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.