cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messed up auto loan

tag
pvcik

Re: messed up auto loan

The loan has not hit my credit yet it's been over a month and a half now and it's radio silence from Westlake they haven't even called about the past due payment (i literally can't pay them bc there's no acc to pay on) 

Message 11 of 14
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

@Shooting-For-800  BRO NO

you think fraud should be "lesson learned" to the consumer? 

what in the upside clown world do you live in?

the lesson the op learned is a good one.. READ THE PAPERWORK.. the lesson is.. CALL OUT THE DEALER.. THE DEALER MARKED UP THE BUY RATE. 

the DEALER will get that extra 3%.

Westlake is Carmax if I recall correctly... oh wait I think its carvana...

carvana is DRIVETIME..

DRIVETIME.. has been involved in fraud and the garcia family runs BOTH. 

LOOK IT UP. The lesson the op should be learning is not to buy cars from them EVER. 

I pray to the good lord the op gets the rate corrected or disputes the downpayment for fraudulent practices and gets their money back.

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine.

I clearly told her to call the bank.

She did not buy the car locally.

She will not get all her money back.

The difference between 17% and 20% is not that much.

I clearly told her look for refinancing options.

She is not in position to make demands.

Just because reality sucks, does not mean it is not reality.

It is assumed that she likes the car.

Yes, education is expensive.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 12 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

@pvcik unfortunately this is what they are known for.

I would freeze all your credit reports and put fraud alerts on them for free on each of the three major website transunion equifax and experian.

because if something goes awry and you give the car back due to their shady practices, they will absolutely report the delinquency.

its truly not uncommon for lenders to report new accounts 6-8 weeks later, but that doesn't mean it is not a bad practice because it is.

capital one takes on average 3 months to report my last two cars I opened with them LOL

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 14
dunn2500
Established Contributor

in 2019 I had no credit and bought a brand new truck... they did same thing, jumped it from 10% to 17%...they do it all the time to sub prime, since I didnt have bad credit, I paid on it for 5 months and refinanced it for 7% then sold it and bought a bunch more for 2-5%......interest rates were low back then

but yeah you can sign the new deal or give the car back....call the bank and see what they say, it cant hurt and is the wise thing regardless....it will take along time to get your money back ....I was absolutley Livid at myself when it happened to me, for putting myself in that situation.....I did learn though, I have not had this issue since

they do what they do in that business, its our responsiility to navigate accordingly...

Carvana, CarMax, small dealers are the worst....

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.