Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam?!?

tag
Ceewin
Regular Contributor

Spam?!?

Regular Contributor

I attempted to create new a post in General Credit Topics and it was marked as Spam & deleted.  Was there an error on my part?  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GreatLife
Regular Contributor

Re: Spam?!?

FWIW the same happened to me yesterday - twice.

@Ceewin wrote:

Regular Contributor

I attempted to create new a post in General Credit Topics and it was marked as Spam & deleted.  Was there an error on my part?  

Message 2 of 9
Ceewin
Regular Contributor

@GreatLife wrote:

FWIW the same happened to me yesterday - twice.

Really?  Do you know what triggered the system to mark your post as spam?

Message 3 of 9
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

While I cannot speak for the owners and moderators of this forum, I have observed a rash of Spam/ChatGPT posts here of late, and it could be they're getting a little trigger happy and inadvertently cleaning out valid posts.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 4 of 9
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

If you took a long time to complete the post, or did a bunch of editing while writing it, it will get flagged for errors, and/or as spam. You can either put your post together elsewhere (word etc) then copy and paste here, or when you are done typing it up here, copy all the text before you hit the post button. If it gives you an error, just leave/cancel the post, go back and restart a new one with your copied/pasted text and there should'nt be a problem when you hit the post button.  

Message 5 of 9
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@JoeRockhead wrote:

If you took a long time to complete the post, or did a bunch of editing while writing it, it will get flagged for errors, and/or as spam. You can either put your post together elsewhere (word etc) then copy and paste here, or when you are done typing it up here, copy all the text before you hit the post button. If it gives you an error, just leave/cancel the post, go back and restart a new one with your copied/pasted text and there should'nt be a problem when you hit the post button.  

Ehh! too much work...

Just add some yo, sup, dude, whatup etc.. so it doesn't think its a spam! Also no grammars. 😂

Oh! and some emojis 👍

Message 6 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Usually its posting with newer members and going back to edit. Or there was a link added. Sometimes people copy and paste a article or whatever. Buried inside is an HTML copyright code. Like when you try to post it. You get the red banner warning contains HMTL.................. You can try to re-post. Sometimes it goes thru or the site marks as spam. Poof.

Message 7 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Usually multiple edits and then trying to post the same thing again causes it to go into overdrive.  PM a moderator/moderator and have them recover it so the spam filter can learn is the best method as it learns on behavior, etc.   Back when I use to be a moderator we would go in daily or something like that and recover non-spam stuff to make it behave better.   No clue what the current crew is doing.

Message 8 of 9
Ceewin
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriosity @FireMedic1 @CYBERSAM @JoeRockhead @Horseshoez 

Thanks for your responses and assistance.  It's been corrected/posted but I think what may have triggered something for me is switching from Preview to HTML several x's before posting + making ONE edit after posting.  Who knows for sure as I did the same for my "NFCU CLI..." post from a few days ago. *shrugs shoulders*  

Thanks again!! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.