MrSpock

Re: ideal number of revolving tl's?

Hi Dog,

Which cards did Tuscani recommend?
Message 41 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

spock, on tuscani's general recommendation, i applied for amex delta skymiles (although i applied for platinum, whereas he was recommending the gold), and amex hilton honors.  i got both of them with 2k limits on each.  i asked for a 5k cli on the delta, but it was a no go.  i am waiting for the hilton card to come in the mail to ask for a cli to 5k on that one.  oddly enough, some people, including tuscani's wife, were denied a cli on the skymiles but later got a cli on the hilton.
Message 42 of 51
MrSpock

dog wrote:
spock, on tuscani's general recommendation, i applied for amex delta skymiles (although i applied for platinum, whereas he was recommending the gold), and amex hilton honors.  i got both of them with 2k limits on each.  i asked for a 5k cli on the delta, but it was a no go.  i am waiting for the hilton card to come in the mail to ask for a cli to 5k on that one.  oddly enough, some people, including tuscani's wife, were denied a cli on the skymiles but later got a cli on the hilton.

Wow... So you're saying it's possible to request a CLI on a brand new card?!?!?!  That's awesome...
Message 43 of 51
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

But they might do new hard pulls  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 44 of 51
MrSpock

MidnightVoice wrote:
But they might do new hard pulls  Smiley Happy

what is a hard pull?
Message 45 of 51
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

An inquiry to pull your CR.  Too many of these in a year and FICO starts to get upset  Smiley Very Happy
Message 46 of 51
MrSpock

MidnightVoice wrote:
An inquiry to pull your CR.  Too many of these in a year and FICO starts to get upset  Smiley Very Happy

Is there a maximum number of pulls after which it doesn't matter anymore?  I've already had a ton of pulls within the last year because of shopping for a car / house and now with this new CC...
Message 47 of 51
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

If you did the house and the car all at once, they might be one pull each, and probably from all 3 CRAs

Every credit card will be a seperate pull, but they all pull different ones.

And in my experience, more than 3 in the last 12 months starts to ding your score.  Whcih doesn't matter unless it matters  Smiley Very Happy
Message 48 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

amex didnt hard pull on my skymiles cli request.
Message 49 of 51
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Amex usually will not pull a new Inq for CLIs
Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.