ideal number of revolving tl's?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ideal number of revolving tl's?

@MidnightVoice wrote:

@fused111 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
While many of us have different opinions on the magic number I think we all agree using more than 4 at a time will lower your score. While you might have many, limit use to 4 or less when pulling your credit scores. Smiley Happy

How did you arrive to this conclusion?

Because it is the only way to deal with 42 cards? Smiley Very Happy

HA!Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just applied for 35 more cards, so that i would have 42.....i was denied for all of them.  should i get 35 secured cards?
Message 12 of 51
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dog wrote:
i just applied for 35 more cards, so that i would have 42.....i was denied for all of them.  should i get 35 secured cards?

When did you start applying for these 35 cards?
Message 13 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

after tuscani said that is the right number to have.
Message 14 of 51
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dog wrote:
after tuscani said that is the right number to have.

Oh my word, his post was a JOKE!  Go back read the WHOLE post!Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 51
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You have actually applied for 35 cc's today?  Not good!  Hard to fix this problem.  All of the ccc's had PP (permissable purpose) to pull your credit. Ouch!Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

gee, thanks a lot everyone.  what kind of effect is that going to have on my scores??!???
Message 17 of 51
smallfry
Senior Contributor

What scores?
Message 18 of 51
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dog wrote:
gee, thanks a lot everyone.  what kind of effect is that going to have on my scores??!???

Do you subscribe to any credit monitoring service?  Personally, I suggest you go to Amex's website and site search for creditsecure and sign up and pull all three of your reports only because it is free. Then cancel.  Later on sign up with TC.  Then tell us how many many pulls you have on each of the CRA's.  Never mind the scores you see there, they are FAKO's.  By the way do you know your FICO scores?

Message Edited by fused111 on 06-15-2007 06:31 PM
Message 19 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
While many of us have different opinions on the magic number I think we all agree using more than 4 at a time will lower your score. While you might have many, limit use to 4 or less when pulling your credit scores. Smiley Happy

I woulnd't agree with that. What leaves you to believe this is true?

Too many cards with balances (CODE 05). That was always a neg on my scores until I reduced the number of cards with balances. I moved the balances to limit how many were in use. Negative message disappeared and was replaced with Length of time.... not long enough.

That and the FICO calculator on bankrate.com also shows fewer balances help.
link http://www.bankrate.com/brm/fico/calc.asp?lpid=BKRATE29

Has this changed? Does it no longer matter how many cards have balances?
Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.