Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I move to dismiss?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I move to dismiss?

There is a judgement showing up on my credit from 2002.  To close on my loan I had to show my BK documents from 2003 showing that it was discharged.  The thing I found out though was that the court still has this item open.  The lawyer for the orginal creditor got a BK notice, so they are not actively collecting.  But according to court records, it's as if there was never a BK.  I talked to the court about it and they said to bring in my BK documents and fill out a "Motion to Dismiss" form.  However, here is my fear.  Currently, this is showing up as filed in 2002.  Being so long ago its affect on my score is probably minimal.  I am afraid that if I motion to dismiss the judgement, it will show up on my credit as discharged 6/07.  I am assuming that would be catastrophic!  Is that what would happen?  As much as I hate loose threads, am I not better off just waiting for this thing to fall off in a couple years?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I move to dismiss?

It would show up as included in Bankruptcy as worst. If you file a motion of dismissal the court will likely do just that and the judgement will be removed from your report.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I move to dismiss?

<---------------------removed this b/c he is skating on the thin line of giving legal advice.

Message Edited by dog on 06-26-2007 04:48 PM

Message Edited by dog on 06-26-2007 04:50 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.