Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House and Hard Pulls

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Moving House and Hard Pulls

I might be moving in the near future.  I know that means Hard pulls for a mortgage (and if I get pre-approval and don't find a house in 3 months, more pulls).  I know some phone companies will do a hard pull.  Do utilities do it when you move?  This could be a whole host of inqs in a short time, and will make EQ VERY upset. (and I won't be getting a new cell phone service  Smiley Happy)

Anyone moved while tracking scores?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Moving House and Hard Pulls

AFAIK, very few (if any) utility companies will pull a hard. You can always call and ask.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I moved, AT&T showed up as a hard pull.  When I pulled my report, my gas and cable both showed up as hard pulls, but never on myfico credit report.  They all fell off in a year for some reason.
Message 3 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:
I might be moving in the near future.  I know that means Hard pulls for a mortgage (and if I get pre-approval and don't find a house in 3 months, more pulls).  I know some phone companies will do a hard pull.  Do utilities do it when you move?  This could be a whole host of inqs in a short time, and will make EQ VERY upset. (and I won't be getting a new cell phone service  Smiley Happy)

Anyone moved while tracking scores?

In Hawaii the power and water companies will usually pull a hard inq if you have never had an account with them.
Message 4 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Sounds as though EQ will hate me if I move.  And I am willing to bet the new comapny will INSIST I change cell phone carrier  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.