Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a perfect 850 credit score

tag
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Re: How to get a perfect 850 credit score

Id just like to see all three above 800.  Curse that ex and their 793! I did find a nit to pick on my cr, I'm going to try disputing.

I'm only doing this because my oldest accounts will drop off in about 18 months. My oldest account will then be < 3 years and average age maybe 2 years.

Message 21 of 28
CreditBob
Established Contributor

This person worked at both Fico and Equifax. See YouTube link below

https://youtu.be/M53wNlq6sro?si=p2a3zoIloqVMqN3W

Message 22 of 28
EW800
Valued Contributor

Following some very ugly times, I was able to get 850's across the board for FICO 8 by having an open auto loan and doing the AZEO on credit cards.  I was able to maintain that for a couple/few years, however got whacked 10-12 points or so when paying off the auto loan and entering into a mortgage.  I am trying now to get them back to 850.  I know it really does not make much difference, but just kind of a fun goal I have to get back to the 850's.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 23 of 28
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Following some very ugly times, I was able to get 850's across the board for FICO 8 by having an open auto loan and doing the AZEO on credit cards.  I was able to maintain that for a couple/few years, however got whacked 10-12 points or so when paying off the auto loan and entering into a mortgage.  I am trying now to get them back to 850.  I know it really does not make much difference, but just kind of a fun goal I have to get back to the 850's.  

If I was to have left things alone I would have most likely gotten up to, or very near 850 by some time later this year, however, in the immortal words of the late great Red Skelton, "If I dood it, I gits a whoopin'.  I dood it."  Yeah, applied for a mortgage this week, they pulled my credit earlier today; no change in scores yet, but I expect that will come.  Smiley Happy

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 24 of 28
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

If I was to have left things along I would have most likely gotten up to, or very near 850 by some time later this year, however, in the immortal words of the late great Red Skelton, "If I dood it, I gits a whoopin'.  I dood it."  Yeah, applied for a mortgage this week, they pulled my credit earlier today; no change in scores yet, but I expect that will come.  Smiley Happy

I just got my EX FICO8 score back up to 850 this month after my newest account aged past 1 year.  EQ and TU are still several points behind.  My portfolio is different from yours in that I no longer have an open loan.  So, I'm not sure if I will ever be able to get back to 850s across the board no matter how long I wait.  I'm also planning to apply for a new credit card (SUB chasing) in less than 2 weeks, so my single 850 will soon be gone.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver [will be reassigned when new account starts reporting]
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 25 of 28
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

If I was to have left things along I would have most likely gotten up to, or very near 850 by some time later this year, however, in the immortal words of the late great Red Skelton, "If I dood it, I gits a whoopin'.  I dood it."  Yeah, applied for a mortgage this week, they pulled my credit earlier today; no change in scores yet, but I expect that will come.  Smiley Happy

I just got my EX FICO8 score back up to 850 this month after my newest account aged past 1 year.  EQ and TU are still several points behind.  My portfolio is different from yours in that I no longer have an open loan.  So, I'm not sure if I will ever be able to get back to 850s across the board no matter how long I wait.  I'm also planning to apply for a new credit card (SUB chasing) in less than 2 weeks, so my single 850 will soon be gone.

As I understand it, if you let things age long enough, even in the absence of a loan one can still hit 850.  That said, and as you already know, SUB chasing will make 850 an elusive goal.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 26 of 28
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@NoHardLimits wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@EW800 wrote:

As I understand it, if you let things age long enough, even in the absence of a loan one can still hit 850.  That said, and as you already know, SUB chasing will make 850 an elusive goal.

Well, I can definitely confirm that an FICO8 EX 850 is possible without an open loan.  But, I'm not so sure about TU or EQ.  

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver [will be reassigned when new account starts reporting]
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 27 of 28
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

I can confirm this as well. No open loans but able to achieve EX Fico 8 and EX Fico 9 850. Been stuck in the 837-845 range on EQ and TU Fico 8.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.