Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Gurus...Please Explain This!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Gurus...Please Explain This!

@fused111 wrote:

Please post when you get your CLI posted to your CR. I would like to know if it had any effect on your score 0-5 days after posting. Thank you in advanced. :-)
Message 11 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

There are different pools aka scorecards or buckets.  For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score. The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO score in the future.

Overall, that's a good thing. Otherwise, newer people just beginning to participate in credit, or those of us working on credit rebuilding, would be locked into basement-level-scores nearly forever compared to all those folks with 30+ years of impeccable credit history.
Message 12 of 18
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused111 wrote:

Please post when you get your CLI posted to your CR. I would like to know if it had any effect on your score 0-5 days after posting. Thank you in advanced. :-)

I got a new CL Tuesday and it hit EQ on Sunday.  (And EQ liked it)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know this for 100% certain.   But from what I have been told is that the credit scoring is an ever changing algorithm.   I don't think it is a "pool" that you are lumped in with.  But people with similar credit characteristics as you may have had a slightly higher default rate recently, thus the minor score drop.   

I am a mortgage lender, any time I see 720 plus scores, the minor differences are a non-issue.   As a matter of fact, if I get someone approved through the "automated uinderwriting" engine the score does NOT impact the rate (unlike what some people want you to believe).   Approved is approved.   And a 660 score will almost always get an approval.   

You score impacts your car loan and credit card rates more in my opinion.   

If I were you I wouldn't stress about the minor fluctuations.   If you pay your payments on time and keep your revolving charged under 33% of the limit, you will be just fine..
Message 14 of 18
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Can you be flopped smack back into your previous bucket?  And as you graduate from one bucket to the next, are higher scores more difficult to achieve?  I mean, I received an alert, a while back, that I'd jumped buckets -- but thereafter it seemed awfully difficult to get a score increase.  Or perhaps they slung me back into the bucket I was in before when my score dropped? Lord I feel like a fish ...  this bucket that bucket ...  We're just a bunch of fish trying to swim out of our perspective buckets, and make our way to the sea.

Message Edited by MercyMe on 06-24-2007 02:41 PM
Message 15 of 18
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

The higher your score, the less impact good things have on it, and the less likely it seems you will see many changes.  Bad things are probably WORSE for a higher score than a lower one.

(With the exception of EX, that hates good things anyway - my score after 12 months of perfect behavior has gne down 7 points  Smiley Happy)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 16 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:
The higher your score, the less impact good things have on it, and the less likely it seems you will see many changes.  Bad things are probably WORSE for a higher score than a lower one.

(With the exception of EX, that hates good things anyway - my score after 12 months of perfect behavior has gne down 7 points  Smiley Happy)

With your scores, it looks as though you've grown in to a 1,200 lb. pacific blue marlin and cannot find a pool or bucket big enough to accommodate your shear mass!.Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by fused111 on 06-24-2007 12:13 PM
Message 17 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

JK of course!!!!!!!Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.