Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cli dropped my score 43 points

tag
DoppelgangerD
Contributor

Re: Cli dropped my score 43 points

Aside from some algorithm glitch, I'd be willing to bet that it's either an old closed account aged off your report, or maybe all your authorized user accounts went to $0 balance engaging the penalty for such crass behavior, or a combination of both.

I recall years ago not understanding why paying off all my cards before the closing date was making my score drop, but it wasn't all the cards, it was the authorized user ones.

Message 31 of 37
DanteHicks37

So a new update for all those who said the drop couldn't have been based on the CLI...no major changes since last update and VS went back up to 809. The CLI is the only thing that could have triggered the drop and I guess it corrected itself.

Message 32 of 37
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@DanteHicks37 wrote:

So a new update for all those who said the drop couldn't have been based on the CLI...no major changes since last update and VS went back up to 809. The CLI is the only thing that could have triggered the drop and I guess it corrected itself.

You really should clarify that it was your Vantage score that dropped, not any FICO score.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 33 of 37
DanteHicks37

That is stated earlier in the thread but regardless, the two have always been relatively close until this incident.  I did not kmow VS was basically worthless. What is the point of calculating it if no one uses it?

Message 34 of 37
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Vantage is used by 10% of creditors. That's better odds than the Lottery.

Message 35 of 37
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Vantage is used by 10% of creditors. That's better odds than the Lottery.

Which Vantage?  Vantage 4 is gaining some traction, however, it is Vantage 3 which is pretty much free everywhere and as far as I know, is not used by anywhere near 10% of creditors, if any at all.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 36 of 37
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@DanteHicks37 wrote:

That is stated earlier in the thread but regardless, the two have always been relatively close until this incident.  I did not kmow VS was basically worthless. What is the point of calculating it if no one uses it?

I pay no attention to the Vantage scores.

My point about clarifying is this:

1. This is a website and forum called "MyFICO".

2. When someone says "scores" and doesn't specify, it's assumed that they're FICO scores.

3. Your headline, and therefore this thread, reads "CLI dropped my score 43 points", which most people, myself included, assume meant FICO scores.

4. No CLI would ever lower any FICO score.

5. There will be people who will say : "I read somewhere that a CLI can lower your FICO score".

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.