Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cli dropped my score 43 points

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Cli dropped my score 43 points

@DanteHicks37 wrote:

The only change was the CLI from the day before. Score went 808 to 765.

As @Thomas_Thumb already pointed out, even a Vantage score would not drop from a credit limit increase.

But if you want to believe that is what caused the drop, go ahead.

When you find out that was not the case, please revisit this thread and let us know what did cause the score drop.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 11 of 37
DanteHicks37

Again, I inherently know that shouldn't be the case but I watch all details daily and it is the only change. I have been in recovery mode for the past few years and while the difference in score wouldn't affect my ability to get the best rates, it still does not make any sense.

Message 12 of 37
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@DanteHicks37 wrote:

Again, I inherently know that shouldn't be the case but I watch all details daily and it is the only change. I have been in recovery mode for the past few years and while the difference in score wouldn't affect my ability to get the best rates, it still does not make any sense.

Just keep in mind, all Vantage 3.0 scores are utterly irrelevant when it comes to rates; if you are really concerned, you'll need to obtain your FICO scores.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 13 of 37
GZG
Valued Contributor

I'm not even convinced the people who made vantage 3.0 will be able to tell you why a vantage 3.0 credit score went up or down. 

it is an entirely useless credit score and you should avail yourself of the many sources where a free FICO score can be provided so you can see how credit changes impact FICO scores instead. 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 14 of 37
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@DanteHicks37  was a reason given on the site your score drop was given? It does seem that lately CS are being a bit strange. 

Message 15 of 37
DanteHicks37

I am waiting for my Bank of America to refresh but my Equifax Fico 8 is still 807 but Credit Karma shows 775.

Any others thay report Transunion Fico scores?

Message 16 of 37
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

Could there have been a hard pull for the cli?

Message 17 of 37
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Could there have been a hard pull for the cli?

If I recall correctly, it has been established the 43 point drop was a Vantage score, and as such, not a real drop.  Said another way, a drop in a Vantage score is about as real as a mirage (and no, I'm not talking about the French jet).

Message 18 of 37
DanteHicks37

There was no hard pull. Stil don't understand even in the Vantage model why it would have such a large effect bit it did

Message 19 of 37
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@DanteHicks37, given how irrelevant Vantage scores are, most folks doing the deep dive into the scoring models spend a moment or two trying to decide where to invest there energy, and when the consider Vantage the say, "Nah!  FICO."  Said another way, there really isn't a whole lot known about Vantage, and for good reason, it is ignored by lenders.  This is a gentle way of saying, "Why do you care?"

Now, if your FICO scores dropped by a similar amount, T-H-E-N you should care.

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.