Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional points for new address

tag
Tiersha
Regular Contributor

Additional points for new address

Well this was new.  Exp jumped 8 points for a new address on file.  I've never seen that.

I even went back a month to see if that 8 pts was reflected anywhere else for exp or otherwise, nope.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Additional points for new address

Addresses aren't scored by FICO algorithms.  There would have been a different change in scored data that resulted in the 8 pts.

Message 2 of 9
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Slabenstein wrote:

Addresses aren't scored by FICO algorithms.  There would have been a different change in scored data that resulted in the 8 pts.

Agreed.  If nothing else seemed different, then it was likely some type of aging metric that caused the point change.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver [will be reassigned when new account starts reporting]
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 3 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Tiersha wrote:

Well this was new.  Exp jumped 8 points for a new address on file.  I've never seen that.

I even went back a month to see if that 8 pts was reflected anywhere else for exp or otherwise, nope.

No increase or decrease in FICO scores would ever result from an address change or having a new address added.  Addresses are not taken into account for scoring. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 9
Barkius

OP has found a secret hack to get to 850 🤫

Message 5 of 9
FicoMike0
Established Contributor

@Barkius wrote:

Roflol ! That's great. Move to a better neighborhood, pick up fico points.  I wonder if it's zip code, or who your neighbors are. Move between a banker and a stock broker, pick up 30 points. Make sure their name isn't bankman-fraud. fico scores no use from the slammer.

Message 6 of 9
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@Barkius wrote:

I can just imagine a YouTuber posting a video about how they got this tip from directly from MyFICO.

May 2024 Scorecard: Clean, Thick, Mature, NO New Revolver [will be reassigned when new account starts reporting]
FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
AAoA: 11 yrs | AoORA: 36 yrs | AoYRA: 0 mos | New Accounts: 1/6, 1/12, 3/24 | Util: 1% | DTI: 1%
Message 7 of 9
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@Tiersha guessing you moved to a better zip code??😁

Message 8 of 9
NoHardLimits
Established Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

@Tiersha guessing you moved to a better zip code??😁

Smiley Tongue  A better zip code might actually be helpful for insurance scores and premiums, but it won't help with FICO scores.

FICO8:
FICO9:
VantageScore3:
Inquiries (n/12, n/24):
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.