Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 month old inquiries

tag
CreditPoor
Regular Contributor

12 month old inquiries

Have a couple 12 month old inquiries. I know they stop being factored after a year, but does this happen the month of or the actual date of the inquiry?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: 12 month old inquiries

They should stop negatively affecting your score once they hit 12 months old.  I've even seen some be removed from my MyFico 3-Bureau report on the 1st day of the month that they are due to turn 12 months old even if I applied later on in the month 12 months ago.  For example I applied 3/19/23 but when my report came out on 3/1/24 they were no longer on there.  

Message 2 of 6
GZG
Valued Contributor

@CreditPoor wrote:

Have a couple 12 month old inquiries. I know they stop being factored after a year, but does this happen the month of or the actual date of the inquiry?

for FICO scoring purposes, it's the date, you don't need the whole month to roll over. 

experian might wait until the 25th month for inquires to fall off at 2 years, but score wise, it's the date.

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 6
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww I used to apply for CC at the end of the month for aging and an early non affecting my score. It worked well enough.

Message 4 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@GZG wrote:

experian might wait until the 25th month for inquires to fall off at 2 years, but score wise, it's the date.

Experian does wait until the 25th month and does a bulk purge of all aged-out inquiries once each month, on a Saturday, something like whatever Saturday it is that month that falls between the 3rd and 9th.

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditPoor wrote:

The date before the actual inquiry date. I.e., an April 25, 2023, inquiry drops off on April 24, 2024.

Total revolving limits 710800 (590300 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 712 TU 710 EX 710

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.