Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2024 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

February 2024 Check-In Thread

February.jpeg

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! e

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Re: February 2024 Check-In Thread

Another page on the calendar, another month in the garden.

I've been tempted on a couple of cards for cash back: the Venmo visa and the BOA Unlimited Cash. Haven't pulled the trigger yet as I am finally down to 0/6, 0/12. May try for another CLI on my Apple card, which is my lowest CL by far but waiting for my installment plan to be paid off in April (0% APR on a mac mini purchase last spring) to improve my odds.

Message 2 of 9
mgood
Valued Contributor

@mgood wrote:

They're going to go down more when my new card reports and my utilization on everything shows up.

As expected,  extra spending during the holidays, plus this being a slow time of year at work means utilization is up, number of accounts with balances is up. Opening two new cards in two months didn't help. Scores are down 9.625 points averaged over all 40 FICO scores. Not looking terrible, but not as good as I like them to be.

FICO 8:

Feb 2 - 771, 762, 774

Jan 1 - 778, 764, 776
Not a huge drop, but noticeable.

FICO 9 took a bigger hit:

Feb 2 - 779, 777, 775

Jan 1 - 795, 789, 785

Eq Auto 9 dropped 24 points from 793 to 769.

Ex Bankcard 2 dropped 24 from 768 to 744.

They'll be back up soon.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 10
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 3 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Scores are all back where they were due to a successful dispute to get the duplicate account reporting by FNBO removed. I'm still trying to get all scores at 850. Amazing how I am hovering right near 850 and can't get the final point or two needed. I think I'll give it another month, then I'm ditching the effort. I have received a business card offer from my bank that I like. It's an Elan card with some 3% cash back opportunities. I'm strongly considering taking that offer. I will also pay off the ~$100 on my car loan that I've been carrying since last May.

I'm focusing on getting debt free. Our mortgage officially has 26+ years left, but we're on pace to pay it off by summer 2025 or sooner.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Hello everyone, havnt checked in for since last year. My current FICO 8 is at its highest at 693, closing in at the 700 club ! My overall utilization fluctuates but i been managing to keep it under 30%. Also just cheked Nav and my Business Experian grade is "A".

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Message 5 of 9
Luminosa
Visitor

Happy February, everyone!

My FICO 8s are up again this month because a small balance reported to my SavorOne. EX8 is 727 and EQ8 is 736. (So I'm pretty much back to where I was two months ago.) EQ9 is down to 738, but that'll bounce back next month.

Message 6 of 9
TrapLine
New Contributor

Closed a couple of good cards that I did not have a spend that fit their offerings.

Opened two new ones that focused on my spend for today.

Trying to reduce my total CL and card flock as the spend has dropped and I moved my activity to investments.

Message 7 of 9
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

I've hit a month back on the Forums. My score went up four points earlier this month per Equifax to 844. An inquiry, my only one on all CRA, hit a year the end of last month. No rise this month. 
It is getting harder not to apply. 😁

Enjoy the rest of February!

Message 8 of 9
credit_economist
Established Member

HAPPY FEBRUARY 29 EVERYONE! Smiley Happy

My February has been great - after a few years away the MyFICO forum, I have jumped back in just in time for Leap Day (pun fully intended). Also did housekeeping - pulled my up-to-date credit report from all 3 bureaus.

So I'm gonna use this month to record my starting stats in the Fitness Challenge:

• CS: [FICO 8] 753 EX, 766 EQ, 774 TU
  • TCL: $50K
  • CCs: 5 active, 2 closed due to inactivity
  • Payment history: Exceptional (100% accounts always paid as agreed)
  • Amount of debt: Exceptional (2% UTIL)
  • Length of credit history: Fair (AAoA 3 years, 3 months; AoOA: 6 years, 2 months)
  • Amount of new credit: Fair (Age of Most Recent Account 5 months; Number of Recent Inquiries 3)
  • Credit mix: Exceptional (7 Revolving Accounts / 7 Bank-Issued CC Accounts)

I would love to hear if anyone has advice on how I can improve my FICO fitness, esp. in the "Fair" categories above. Thank you in advance for any advice! 

[Mar. 2024]

Starting Score: 753
Current Score: 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.