Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2022 Check-In Thread

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: February 2022 Check-In Thread

@SoCalGardener I like that name...bt bingo...I'm doing it for the first time and have a little anxiety over it and a little satisfaction at the same time too.  Just curious to see how it all comes down to reporting.  GL and watching your update(s).

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 28
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@SoCalGardener I like that name...bt bingo...I'm doing it for the first time and have a little anxiety over it and a little satisfaction at the same time too.  Just curious to see how it all comes down to reporting.  GL and watching your update(s).

Thanks! I came up with it a while back. Even though there's no "bingo" involved, per se, I thought it sounded like a game show or something, and stuck with it. Smiley Very Happy

The real trick is to find 0% offers that have no fee. That's not necessarily easy. As noted, I don't have *any* no fee offers right now. But even if you're paying a fee, depending on the amount you're transferring, the APR on its existing card, and how much the fee comes to, at 0% you're quite likely to come out better in the long run.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 12 of 28
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

January was a good month for my finances, paid off my last private student loan, and discovered I receive all three FICO8 scores via my credit cards🙂

as of 1/27

Discover TU 743 util 32% ( -5%)

Citi EQ 727

Amex EX 744

Continuing in the garden as planned, looking forward to crossing the 750 threshold across all three CRs. Will check back in Mar 4th.

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting goal of 750 or higher.  

Message 14 of 28
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Happy February, everybody! Sorry I'm checking in a week late - was traveling for work last week. January was a big month between closing two accounts and getting a retention offer on an Amex card, and now I'm working towards the retention SUB (RUB?) from the garden. I am making progress on certain non-credit financial goals this month, and hope to have those wrapped up by late spring.

Message 15 of 28
HeavyResist
Frequent Contributor

Utilization over all credit lines is now below 6%. All of it now on one line only, specifically my Care Credit Card by Synchrony. Both Capital Ones (Upgraded Quicksilver, And Venture), Discover, Green State Credit Union MC, and Apple Card at zero. Waiting for the next Fico update in 8 days. 

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I missed January, but my score went from 638 to 649.

This month I graduated my Discover secured card! On Valentines day to be exact. They even bumped my CLI from $2,500 to $3,500. See my post about it here.

I also made regular member so now my signature gets to have my tiny bit of html lol.

Message 17 of 28
800scoreplease
New Contributor

My goal this month is to pay more of my only credit card with a balance down. I finally joined the 800 club on Equifax 820 and Transunion 807. Initially I thought my cc would be paid off in Dec but I am ahead and it looks like it will be Aug or Sept. the road ahead looks great. Good luck to you all!

Starting Score: 727
Current Lowest Score: 820
Goal Lowest Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not where I want to be but in a better place now lol. My only debts are student loans and a car loan. All totaling about 42,000. I would like to purchase my first home in the near future so I am working towards raising my score.

Message 19 of 28
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Cr@p!  Where the h3ll did February go?!?  I mean it's still here but not for long.....hope you guys have managed to stay healthy and not sweating the small stuff (easier said than done....but hoping peace to you all) Heart.

I haven't caught up on reading yet but hopefully you're all seeing at least some small improvements this month. I've seen my Exp. score already improve 3 pts., then drop 3 pts., then improve 3 pts. again today....yo yo stuff.  Inquiry dropped off, then new Paypal Credit acct., then utl. dropped 2%....but I just can't never bust back into that 750 range!  No open loans and still one 30 day late from 2015 reporting but the honesty of it all is the 50+ accts. < 4yrs. (maybe more?) eek! LOL!   So I'm satisfied I'm where I am...kind of surprised actually...fico is something else. 

Okie Dokie, y'all have a Happy Feb....what's left of it. Smiley Wink  

Off to catch up!  take care!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.