Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2022 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

December 2022 Check In Thread

December-640x360

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judgment zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing!

What have been your biggest accomplishments and obstacles so far in the myFICO Fitness Challenge this year?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: December 2022 Check In Thread

My fellow MyFicoer's

Kenny has opened the month in a Holiday Spirit!

As December is the last month in the year ... time to make sure our credit life is in order! Smiley Happy

Our November Month has many MyFicoer's reporting progress and many even laid out their plans looking ahead!

Got'ta say proud to be here on the Forum with all of you! Learned alot and I am working toward only the Heloc for debt. Smiley Surprised

Let's wrap the year and smile as we celebrate our good fortunes and efforts in the credit world! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 12
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Im on the verge of hitting "670" on my EX Fico 8 which im proud of, just waiting for my car payment to report that should bring it up from 668. Yesterday i got instanty approved for the American Express Platinum Charles Schwab, my first charge card. Just thinking back this time last year i only had the Capital One Platinum Secured card with a $200 CL.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 700
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 688 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 12
Blender
Established Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

Im on the verge of hitting "670" on my EX Fico 8 which im proud of, just waiting for my car payment to report that should bring it up from 668. Yesterday i got instanty approved for the American Express Platinum Charles Schwab, my first charge card. Just thinking back this time last year i only had the Capital One Platinum Secured card with a $200 CL.

Not quite there with EX, but i can share the feeling of increasing scores towards that number as well. Congrats on the approval.

From the November thread: 

@Blender wrote: Been a cycle for me as of late.

- down to 1k cc debt overall > take a vacation, run it up

- pay it down > take a vacation, run it up
- pay it down, accept a new job out of state > take a fall, have to get cosmetic dental surgery (4.5k)
Thankfully the job i took, I'm making the most money I've ever made and that will be paid off next week. 
I think having a plan and sticking to it has really helped me. I think I've also been paying too much attention to statement closing dates/ utilization/ reporting, rather than the finances in general. I'm now allotting more to the interest bearing card (savor one) while paying the minimum on  the 0% (CFF). The move added some debt, but another 2-3 weeks and I'll be back at 1k to try again lol.

Only one vacation lol other than that, have just traveled home. 

- tooth paid off

- C1 next reporting balance = $119/3000 (down from $1568)

- CFF balance increased from a balance transfer (1414/1500) so score will take a temp hit, but im ok with it for now. im not making any moves.

- closed 1/2 credit one cards. 2/2 will happen before years end.

- saving 1.2k+ /week on top of improving my utilization.

Sticking to the plan 

4/2024

Message 4 of 12
mgood
Valued Contributor

December 1st 3B pull, some ups some downs, as usual. Across the board, there's very little change from last month. More or less what I expected. Overall across all 40 FICO scores, I improved by an average of 1.175 points.

Dec FICO.jpg

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 11
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 5 of 12
Blender
Established Contributor

@mgood wrote:

December 1st 3B pull, some ups some downs, as usual. Across the board, there's very little change from last month. More or less what I expected. Overall across all 40 FICO scores, I improved by an average of 1.175 points.

Dec FICO.jpg

is this what you get with the premium myfico package?

4/2024

Message 6 of 12
mgood
Valued Contributor

@Blender wrote:

Yes, you get all the scores with the ADVANCED and PREMIER packages. With Advanced, you get it every three months. With Premier, you get it every month. And you can pay for an extra report at any time. Like if you're going to go buy a car today and you want all the most up-to-date info, you can pull your reports that day before you go in to the dealership. Then when the guy in the finance office says "Well your credit score is . . . " You can say "Which credit score are you looking at?" And know if he's trying to quote the lowest score or whatever he's trying to use, because you have all of them at your fingertips.

I've condensed the information quite a bit in that chart. There is A LOT of information to sort through. That chart I made just gives all the scores in one place, and I compare it to last month's scores with the +/- signs.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 11
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 7 of 12
Blender
Established Contributor

@mgood wrote:

@Blender wrote:

Yes, you get all the scores with the ADVANCED and PREMIER packages. With Advanced, you get it every three months. With Premier, you get it every month. And you can pay for an extra report at any time. Like if you're going to go buy a car today and you want all the most up-to-date info, you can pull your reports that day before you go in to the dealership. Then when the guy in the finance office says "Well your credit score is . . . " You can say "Which credit score are you looking at?" And know if he's trying to quote the lowest score or whatever he's trying to use, because you have all of them at your fingertips.

I've condensed the information quite a bit in that chart. There is A LOT of information to sort through. That chart I made just gives all the scores in one place, and I compare it to last month's scores with the +/- signs.

Cool, thanks. I've been considering it for a while now but Im not making any purchases like car or home and i know exaxtly why my scores are dormant. So right now, until this fresh start program goes into effect, ill stick with the basic. i also probably wont be looking to apply for a new card (if any) until may the earliest.

4/2024

Message 8 of 12
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

The home stretch!  Must say I'm very pleased and even a little surprised with my progress.  Had a few bumps in the road - didn't anticipate moving! When I started my credit rebuild in February my goal of 740 (F8) seemed like it might be a bridge too far but I've made it.

Analyzed my 3B changes from April to the report I recently pulled (11/27) and it's amazing. A8 and B8 (as well as F10 T but that makes sense at least!) are bugging me a bit...

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 12.11.17 PM.png

Don't expect many changes this month.  If anything I should get a bump in January, expecting to pay down my Altitude Go from 68% to 37% but that won't report until 1/5. 

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 9 of 12
Blender
Established Contributor

@Blender wrote:

@Mdowning30 wrote:

Not quite there with EX, but i can share the feeling of increasing scores towards that number as well. Congrats on the approval.

From the November thread: 

@Blender wrote: Been a cycle for me as of late.

- down to 1k cc debt overall > take a vacation, run it up

- pay it down > take a vacation, run it up
- pay it down, accept a new job out of state > take a fall, have to get cosmetic dental surgery (4.5k)
Thankfully the job i took, I'm making the most money I've ever made and that will be paid off next week. 
I think having a plan and sticking to it has really helped me. I think I've also been paying too much attention to statement closing dates/ utilization/ reporting, rather than the finances in general. I'm now allotting more to the interest bearing card (savor one) while paying the minimum on  the 0% (CFF). The move added some debt, but another 2-3 weeks and I'll be back at 1k to try again lol.

- closed 1/2 credit one cards. 2/2 will happen before years end.

Sticking to the plan 

Done. Paid off, just waiting for it to clear to be closed. 

By the time you read this post, the card will no longer be in my sig lol

4/2024

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.