I know you are all hard at work with your
 credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as
 you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen
 expenses that cropped up and may have
 thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly
 check-ins is optional but encouraged. The
 goal is to help keep you on track, so feel
 free to post your progress updates here.
 This is a no-judgment zone; feel free to
 say what's keeping you up at night or give
 yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps?
 Achieve some milestones, either small or
 mighty? Change your goals/add new ones
?

Let us know how you're doing!

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Re: April 2024 Check In Thread

Thank you for posting April, 2024!

Message 2 of 25
SeaProbe
Regular Contributor

Another page on the calendar, another month in the garden.

Still holding at 0/6, 0/12. The only tempting offer is the Venmo Visa with double cash back for six months. Still can't bring myself to deal with Synchrony however…

Message 3 of 25
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

No HP or SP.  Last month I did move most of the CL on a Cap1 card to another card. Then tried to get a CLI on the now lowered CL card. Wasn't approved, must wait six months. Scores are slightly moving up. All above 830. One day my goal of 850  on at least one CS.

Message 4 of 25
mgood
Valued Contributor

April Fool's Day 3B pull and all 40 FICO scores increased. I've only seen my scores do that a few times. Usually some go up, some go down, and some stay the same. I was expecting some increases since I've had higher balances lately and more cards reporting balances. Now I'm getting some of that paid back down.

Average increase was 8.425 points.

Biggest increase was 17 points on both Experian 3 ( now 760) and TransUnion Bankcard 4 (now 768).

Two scores are 800 or more. Equifax Bankcard 8 is 800 and Experian Bankcard 8 is 804.

Lowest score is Experian Auto 5 at 734. Next lowest score is Equifax 10 at 754.

EQ8 809, TU8 790, EX8 797 as of May 11
AZE3 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 3/12, 7/24
Message 5 of 25
Chazzay12
Frequent Contributor

Not too much to report this month, no significant changes. Continuing to put as much extra income towards paying off all cc's and get utilization back on track. 

I got a membership with Navy Fed, but EWS ended up flagging me. So I have my membership but have to wait another ~18 months before using any products with them. No biggie. I thought since USAA let me open checking account again I was all clear. 

Also, I opened up a Roth IRA through Schwab. I won't be contributing much until debts are cleared, but wanted to at least open and starting adding a bit. I also have a 401k thru employer with match that I fully contribute to, but want to make sure I'm as good as possible thinking long term. I'm 29 years old now. I don't fully understand Roth, and will likely need to ask additional info in a separate post lol. 

Discover It (Student) $1500 | Capital One QS $2300 | Amex BCE $4800 | Chase FU $3200 | Amex Green NPSL | CSP $4200 | Discover it $3000
Car loan w/ Langley 3.5%
Homeowner since April 2023

Starting Score: 580s
Current Score as of May 2024: EX 668, TU 671, EQ 646
Goal Score: 700+, working on paying high utl cc debt

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 25
Peterparkyr
Contributor

Checking in (haven't checked in since December 2022),

Been rebuilding for 2.5 years now.  Scores are up to 692 and 680 although TU is still lagging at 640.  I've got high util on a few cards, which is keeping me below 700 right now.  No credit needs this year, just monitoring and building.

Been gardening for a a year (I hadn't logged in for a while only to find out that the garden club is gone! Smiley Sad).  Will likely garden for a while longer and fix my util to boost at least 2 scores over 700.

Thanks all!

Currently Rebuilding Since 1/7/2022
Gardening Since 5/13/2023 (last inquiry 5/13/2023)

Starting Score: 611
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Was in high 400s in 2020-2021

Current Scores:
Fico 8 EQ: 692
Fico 8 EX: 680
Fico 8 TR: 640
Message 7 of 25
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

MyFiCO Equifax score still at 846. It's still partially blamed by my excessive auto loan open amount. It's almost 75% paid. 

Message 8 of 25
WW1984

I TRULY HATE FICO! I was doing so well on my journey to the 800 club until today. I happily paid down and off some balances on four cards . . . just to see my Experian score lowered by 14 points!!! Are you kidding me?! So carrying high balances in the thousands is better than paying them down or off?!  I'm so angry I can't see straight! 😡 I've decided to stop using primarily credit cards for the cash rewards and points and use mostly cash. Screw FICO, VantageScore, and any others. 🤬

Message 9 of 25
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

All my FICOs are down a bit. EX down to 842 from 850 since the new card reported. TU down to 842 from 850 due to the two INQs I had in March. The new card reported, so I don't know how much further it has fallen until my next 3B pull in May. EQ down to 845 from 849 due to new card reporting.

I paid off the last $107 on my auto loan after the statement closed a few days ago. It will be interesting to discover how many points I lose when I report no open installment loans. I have officially abandoned the notion of getting all three reports to 850. No more jumping through hoops to keep my scores near 850--being above 800 will be good enough for me until my report ages and gets there naturally.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.