Did you mean: 

Student Loan Payoffs Not Reporting Yet

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Student Loan Payoffs Not Reporting Yet

@hoosier64 wrote:

Adkins,

I held off disputing for the same reason. After re-reading the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I'm going to dispute directly with information furnisher (EdFinancial). Will update once I get a response in a month.

I received a CK notification of a closed account. My EdFinancial account is showing as updated paid, with a close date mid August. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 17
hoosier64
Valued Member

Did you submit a dispute, Adkins? Or did Edfinancial update it on their own?

My TU Report was updated by Edfinancial a few days after they received my written dispute. I'm hoping the other two will update this week.

BK13 Filed: 4/19
BK Discharged: 10/22

Starting FICO 8 (10/22): 623 / 612 / 613
Current FICO 8: 691 / 675 / 685
Message 12 of 17
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@hoosier64 wrote:

Did you submit a dispute, Adkins? Or did Edfinancial update it on their own?

My TU Report was updated by Edfinancial a few days after they received my written dispute. I'm hoping the other two will update this week.

I did not submit a dispute to any of the CRAs. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 13 of 17
hoosier64
Valued Member

All CRA's have now updated. Didn't get as much of a score increase as I was hoping for. The simulator said I would get +5 / +10 / +10 for paying down all but a small balance, but I only got +0 / +2 / +4 to my FICO 8. I did get a $2,500 CLI from Discover which was previously rejected with a note that my loan balances were high.

Message 14 of 17
Thorin809
Established Member

@hoosier64 wrote:

All CRA's have now updated. Didn't get as much of a score increase as I was hoping for. The simulator said I would get +5 / +10 / +10 for paying down all but a small balance, but I only got +0 / +2 / +4 to my FICO 8. I did get a $2,500 CLI from Discover which was previously rejected with a note that my loan balances were high.

What were your balances? I'm in a somewhat related situation, where my loans were sold and are now double reporting.  I'm wondering if I'll get any boost.

Active

Recurring Only

Sock drawer

Message 15 of 17
hoosier64
Valued Member

Before making the large payment, I had four loans for around $76k total. Three of them had more than 90% utilization. I paid off three in full and the fourth one with the lowest interest rate down to 7% utilization.

Message 16 of 17
CaneVariant

Same issues here. Loans with Ed Financial still reporting as open with balances. The bureaus have them all confused but they are all ~ 25 years old and reporting pays as agreed. I just got my 11bk discharged and the only positives on my reports are these and a few cards I closed because Cap1 doesn't let you product change. Thoughts on following others on this threads lead of reaching out to Ed to update? Cheers!
Starting Score: 575
Current Score: 575
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.