Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Payoffs Not Reporting Yet

tag
hoosier64
Valued Member

Student Loan Payoffs Not Reporting Yet

My student loans are held by Edfinancial. Edfinancial hasn't sent any updates to the credit bureaus since March. Anyone else having trouble with Edfinancial reporting current balances or paid off loans? When I previously made payments during the covid pause, they sent the update to the credit bureaus on the 8th and I'm still not seeing updated balances reporting from paying off my loans a month ago.

BK13 Filed: 4/19
BK Discharged: 10/22

Starting FICO 8 (10/22): 623 / 612 / 613
Current FICO 8: 691 / 675 / 685
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
James3
Contributor

Re: Student Loan Payoffs Not Reporting Yet

Have you tried filing a dispute with all three bureaus if the loan is paid off? 

FNBO Evergreen
GM Copper Card
Wells Fargo Signature
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Citi Double Cash
Wells Fargo BILT
Message 2 of 17
hoosier64
Valued Member

I don't want them to remove the tradelines. I'd rather wait another month or two before thinking about disputing the balances. But I would be more inclined to dispute the balance if this is a one off rather than Edfinancial just being slow in general with updates since loan interest and repayments are starting back up.

Message 3 of 17
James3
Contributor

I had a similar issue with Nelnet. After 90 days of my report not updating I disputed the balance history shown. That was last week, so no news to share on the outcome. I saw in the news somewhere that the student loan handlers are overwhelmed with payments restarting next month.

FNBO Evergreen
GM Copper Card
Wells Fargo Signature
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Citi Double Cash
Wells Fargo BILT
Message 4 of 17
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I also have edfinacial and I haven't had an update since March too. I've since paid off my last loan. I sent them email inquiring about a CRA update last week and they replied back with a generic reporting information but not when they would report. I'm very hesitant to dispute them as I don't want them removed from my CRAs. I'm just waiting, for now. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 17
smallspender
New Visitor

The same thing is happening with me. I fully paid off in October but the last reported payment was in March. I used Credit Sesame to check my score but Transunion, Equifax nor Experian has updated to show it as paid off

Message 6 of 17
TULO30
Contributor

Any update? Has the correct balance been reported? How did it impact your credit score? 

Message 7 of 17
hoosier64
Valued Member

@TULO30 My student loans still haven't been updated. I'm going to mail in disputes on Tuesday (waiting to see if it updates this billing cycle on the 8th).

Message 8 of 17
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@TULO30 wrote:

Any update? Has the correct balance been reported? How did it impact your credit score? 

No updates yet for me either. I've decided to wait until the new year. I'm very wary of filing a dispute, since the last time I did that with TU they completely removed the trade line. EQ and EX did update correctly though. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 9 of 17
hoosier64
Valued Member

Adkins,

I held off disputing for the same reason. After re-reading the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I'm going to dispute directly with information furnisher (EdFinancial). Will update once I get a response in a month.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.