Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh Start and updates to Transunion

tag
nmjacobs
Contributor

Fresh Start and updates to Transunion

Hi everyone. I applied for Fresh Start and was approved 9/15/23. Since then my student loan accounts have been updated to all 3 CRAs. The servicer is AidVantage. I pulled my full credit reports to review the changes today. Experian and Equifax are reporting correctly. All accounts are shown as updated to Open/Never late. However, that's not the case on Transunion. On there 4/5 accounts are listed twice. They are showing under negative accounts just like before I was approved for Fresh Start and then all 5 are also listed as positive accounts with perfect payment history. I'm wondering if Transunion made the mistake of only deleting the one account under negative or if that was a mistake made by AidVantage. 

We are planning to sell our house and buy a new one next spring so I'm trying to get everything cleaned up and this is really the last baddy to take care of. 

Advice on how to proceed? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Blender
Established Contributor

Re: Fresh Start and updates to Transunion

@nmjacobs 

My TU did something similar, which surprised me bc they're usually the best. My memory is **bleep**, but i think I ended up disputing and it took 3 weeks but if youre able to get through on the phone explain to a live person the mistake. Its possible it will adjust almost instantly. Otherwise they will just dispute it anyways and you wait it out. Good luck

4/2024

Message 2 of 5
nmjacobs
Contributor

Thank you. I contacted AidVantage via chat and they sent me a letter saying all of my student loans are in good standing. I disputed with transunion and sent that letter along with the Fresh Start letter. We'll see how that goes. I'm concerned that the letters don't clearly state what this all means. AidVantage said they can write a custom letter if the one they sent doesn't work. Gee thanks. I'll update once I hear something. 

Message 3 of 5
nmjacobs
Contributor

Update: I received dispute results on 1/3. All of the student loan accounts were removed from the adverse information section. Yay!

Message 4 of 5
Blender
Established Contributor

Congrats!

4/2024

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.