cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax refuses to update my student loan from my credit report

tag
Manhattanlad

Re: Equifax refuses to update my student loan from my credit report

My impression is that the other 2 agencies actually read my supporting documents and changed the information whereas Equifax has some kind of standing policy where they only respond if it's the lender who writes them? The others accepted my paperwork and, in the case of TransUnion, updated my report in 24 hours. 

MOST RECENT: EQ:717 / TU: 728 / EXP: 718-- BK 3/2014
Message 11 of 15
Klineact
New Contributor

I had an issue like this regarding a GMAC inquiry I didnt authorize. I had a letter from GMAC saying they would remove it and despite that, EQ refused to remove it saying the creditor responded it was valid. I spoke to the GM of the dealership who said there was no such response on their end. EQ just needs to be sued that is the only way you can get anywhere with them in some instances. I wasnt willing to do that over an inquiry but I will do it if they dont update my student loan balance!

Message 12 of 15
Tburk1969
New Visitor

Can we start a thread or community list of those of us who have had this issue. I've been fighting the same thing with the same bureau since Sept
Message 13 of 15
Tburk1969
New Visitor

I filed a complaint sent documentation and proof twice to Experian and Equifax and still no change 

I wonder if we can sue them 

Message 14 of 15
LendMeTheLoot
Established Member

File a complaint with the cfpb stating what's going on. They'll get it done for you. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.