Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blog article: 5 Money Questions to Ask Before You Get Married

tag
Elizabeth_FICO
myFICO Employee

New blog article: 5 Money Questions to Ask Before You Get Married

Hello everyone! If there's a new blog article that I think you guys might like I plan on posting it in the Forums.

This week's article is: 5 Money Questions to Ask Before You Get Married

Let me know what you think about the article.

For more content don't forget to check out our blog.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: New blog article: 5 Money Questions to Ask Before You Get Married

Those 5 questions aren't wrong but I would think the biggest question(s) to ask before any of those is how much savings do you have and what is your income?  Second for me is what are your expenses?  And what are your spending habits?  If a fiance/fiancee answered favorably to those 5 questions but spent recklessly, that could be a deal breaker for many.  Also, future purchases and spending/budget should be discussed.      

Lastly, how do feel about juggling a plethora of credit cards for maximum cash back?  Smiley LOL

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 2 of 4
Jesse123
New Visitor

Nice blog. So thoughtful!

Message 3 of 4
PNWRambler
Frequent Contributor

Those are all excellent questions to discuss before getting married, or possibly before even getting engaged.  Money fights or issues is one of the top causes of divorce, it only makes sense to be on the same page before marriage.  My spouse and I had many conversations before marriage and even did a mock combined budget before marriage and officially combining finances.  

@ptatohed wrote:

Lastly, how do feel about juggling a plethora of credit cards for maximum cash back?  Smiley LOL

My wife can't stand this lol... She doesn't mind that I do it, but she doesn't want to be involved - beyond me changing which card is linked to her Amazon or filling up her car with gas for her.  It's just a fun game to me.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.