cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Deal Breakers

tag
ScoreSensei

Re: Financial Deal Breakers

It's interesting how financial compatibility is such a big deal in relationships these days.

Message 21 of 24
kczchwcz
New Visitor

@ScoreSensei wrote:

It's interesting how financial compatibility is such a big deal in relationships these days.

Women in the U.S. couldn't open bank accounts without a male co-signer until 1974, so to me, it makes sense that the issue of financial compatibility wouldn't start bubbling up until a while after that.

Message 22 of 24
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@kczchwcz wrote:

@ScoreSensei wrote:

Women in the U.S. couldn't open bank accounts without a male co-signer until 1974, so to me, it makes sense that the issue of financial compatibility wouldn't start bubbling up until a while after that.

Sorry, gotta call B.S. on that; my grandmother was widowed during WWII and opened many bank accounts, and started several businesses on her own before she ultimately got remarried in the late 1960.  Then there was my grandmother's sister, never married, had several bank account dating back to the depression.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 23 of 24
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

The equal credit opportunities act of 1974 ensured single, divorced and widowed women had the right to get bank accounts without a male cosigner. It also ensured women could get credit cards in their own name.

There was no law that said a bank could not provide women with bank accounts prior to this time. They just were not required to do so without cosign.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.