Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Deal Breakers

tag
ghgirll40
New Contributor

Re: Financial Deal Breakers

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Hi. My name is FM1. You are? Nice to meet you. Your very attractive. Single? Why yes. Would you like to go have lunch one day on the beach? Sure! Noon at Joes Crab Shack? Sounds great! Bring your MyFICO 3B report. 750's your in. 500's. Had a great date. Nice company. Had fun. Next. Smiley Very Happy

cs.JPG

😂😂😂

|EX 736|TU 722|EQ 718| NFCU Platinum Visa Signature |
Message 11 of 24
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Hi. My name is FM1. You are? Nice to meet you. Your very attractive. Single? Why yes. Would you like to go have lunch one day on the beach? Sure! Noon at Joes Crab Shack? Sounds great! Bring your MyFICO 3B report. 750's your in. 500's. Had a great date. Nice company. Had fun. Next. Smiley Very Happy

cs.JPG

@FireMedic1 

I've been dating a gal for about 3 months now... she has made it very obvious that she is into me... texts... calls... etc... etc... she's attractive with a great personality... I'm 48... she's 47.  She actually let it slip the other day that she recently paid off her bankruptcy.. I'm like "oh yeah?  When?"  She told me Nov 2022... and I'm like "mine was March 2022."

We ended up somewhat discussing our incomes and stuff... I recently filed my taxes for $99k... she showed me her HR Block report and it said she filed for $87k... I said to myself "well, at least I know if I end up hooking up with her long term that we will be able to live a comfortable lifestyle."  Smiley LOL

I already knew she didn't work a McJob but figured she'd be a bit lower... but nope.  At any rate I'll return to this thread in a year and let people know what happened... Smiley LOL

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 12 of 24
jsweeti1
Valued Member

@TheRedHat wrote:

Can't really have fun with someone who is constantly living paycheck to paycheck and has a lot of debt to pay. It's not so much how much they make than how they manage their finances. I want to enjoy my life and do fun things. That usually costs money. I never liked the idea of "vacationing on a budget." So even though money is okay for me at the moment, I'm not dating anyone until I finish paying off all my debts. It is so much better that way.

Hi @TheRedHat!

I would say it depends on the debt. I think it is very different to have $100,000 in CC debt versus $100,000 in student loans. My boyfriend and I have spoken about our finances -- we are both in student loan debt, but that would not stop neither of us from pursuing each other. If he had an exorbitant amount of CC or personal loan debt, that would probably make me think twice. 

FICO8 Scores as of October 2023:

Credit Cards:

Utilization: 1-4%; Inquiries: 15

*Tip: if you hover over the credit cards, you can see the credit limit for each
Message 13 of 24
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

Maybe you can help her with her credit rebuild!

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $70k | Citi AA Executive - $37k | AmEx Delta Reserve Biz - 60k | Citi AA Biz - 20k
Message 14 of 24
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

Article on Yahoo talking about how personal loans are a big detail in dating.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/comes-dating-earning-less-30-091144167.html

I guess I'm not seeing how someone having a personal loan is a big turnoff. Personal loans are usually for very productive reasons. 

Most people take out personal loans for frivolous things. At least, just about everyone I've ever known. Project cars, ATVs, extravagant vacations. Some took them out to pay down debt, then ran up the cards again. HELOCs weren't much better. Started with good intentions, then they got a new trailer with some sea-doos plus what's a renovation without an 80" tv and full surround sound. The kitchen can wait.

I'm sure there are people doing that in some places. Around where I am its put an addition on to add value. But what it ends up being is put an addition on to add property taxes. When I tell people a 2 million dollar house is $2,000 dollars of property taxes a month they look at me as if they are stunned. They never thought of it that way.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 15 of 24
OmarR
Established Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

I guess I'm not seeing how someone having a personal loan is a big turnoff. Personal loans are usually for very productive reasons. 

Most people take out personal loans for frivolous things. At least, just about everyone I've ever known. Project cars, ATVs, extravagant vacations. Some took them out to pay down debt, then ran up the cards again. HELOCs weren't much better. Started with good intentions, then they got a new trailer with some sea-doos plus what's a renovation without an 80" tv and full surround sound. The kitchen can wait.

I'm sure there are people doing that in some places. Around where I am its put an addition on to add value. But what it ends up being is put an addition on to add property taxes. When I tell people a 2 million dollar house is $2,000 dollars of property taxes a month they look at me as if they are stunned. They never thought of it that way.

Even that is a gamble. The cost of an addition does not always had the same amount of value to a property.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 16 of 24
privacyadvocate69
Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

@Citylights18 wrote:

It's why we bought a house that was the cheapest one we felt we could possibly get away with. Besides having a 15 year mortgage payment that is only about 4% of our income, are property taxes are dirt cheap. We wanted to starve the govt of as much tax revenue as we could, and keep that money for ourselves.

We COULD go out and buy a $1M house, but good lord, why??? Why would I want to pay all that property tax?!?!

Message 17 of 24
QuarterB35
Established Member

@FireMedic1 wrote:

cs.JPG

What if they 749 could they squeeze in? Man LOL

Message 18 of 24
CorpCrMgr1
Valued Contributor

Totally agree. After my divorce in 2007, I purchased a house in the Fall of 2008. Bought cheap. Friends were losing jobs, filing bankruptcy, and their homes were under water.  Yes, my salary could well afford a bigger house, but I had the big house in my married life. Now I live what I consider to be great life. No debt except a couple more years on my car, 834 Exp 840 Equ score. Date often. Travel a lot. Enjoy venues. 

I do date those with poor credit. Date only. Relationship never.

Message 19 of 24
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

I've been dating a gal for about 3 months now... she has made it very obvious that she is into me... texts... calls... etc... etc... she's attractive with a great personality... I'm 48... she's 47.  She actually let it slip the other day that she recently paid off her bankruptcy.. I'm like "oh yeah?  When?"  She told me Nov 2022... and I'm like "mine was March 2022."

We ended up somewhat discussing our incomes and stuff... I recently filed my taxes for $99k... she showed me her HR Block report and it said she filed for $87k... I said to myself "well, at least I know if I end up hooking up with her long term that we will be able to live a comfortable lifestyle."  Smiley LOL

I already knew she didn't work a McJob but figured she'd be a bit lower... but nope.  At any rate I'll return to this thread in a year and let people know what happened... Smiley LOL

Well this post didn't age well.

In the year since I've went back with my long time on/off again girlfriend... and landed a job with a company in the Fortune 500 top 5... doubling my income.  Smiley LOL

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.